Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Videos Of My Ts

ToTo_17

Backbox swap  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I swap the Envy/Megan backbox for a Fujitsubo Power Getter or let it be?

• Yes
    • No

Check out these vids of the current setup, the first one is only of stock middle section taken out and replaced with high flow resonator and Megan backbox, the others are with the current Megan manifold, Envy CAI, and Envy sports cat and Envy middle section as well as Envy/Megan backbox. Would the Fuji be louder or better? The current price of the Fuji is around 330 pounds from Envy. You can tell the difference between the 1st video and the others regarding sound, its so much better now! In all the vids all you can here is the little Yaris! Cool What do you guys think?

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Chris

how good is that, hmm it really does sound nice at that, but i heard a clip ofthe Fuji and i think its louder than that, depends on the performance gains i suppose, cant wait to get my envy system, i'm goin for the fuji rear section tho...

The fuji will probably be a bit louder, but it will sound raspier.

If you want it louder i'd suggest a decat as it will be cheaper than a new backbox.

If you really want it louder and get a new backbox the RSR would be louder than the fuji, but it may drone just a little bit too much, but the RSR doesn't sound as nice as the fuji.

If you want the car as loud as possible you want

decat, remove middle silencer on middle section and an RSR backbox, or remove the backbox completely. RSR's only a small can so there's less silencers in there, giving more sound.

The fuji will probably be a bit louder, but it will sound raspier.

If you want it louder i'd suggest a decat as it will be cheaper than a new backbox.

If you really want it louder and get a new backbox the RSR would be louder than the fuji, but it may drone just a little bit too much, but the RSR doesn't sound as nice as the fuji.

If you want the car as loud as possible you want

decat, remove middle silencer on middle section and an RSR backbox, or remove the backbox completely. RSR's only a small can so there's less silencers in there, giving more sound.

Thanks guys! Tuned up, definitely the way to go is Envy, I highly recommend them! ;)

Armored, I called Kev @ Envy about the RS*R and he mentioned that they discontinued the exhaust model for the Yaris, so unfortunately he doesn't have anymore in stock. I dont know about a decat, there are frequent inspections on the roads around here, I might get caught and be fined, so I really dont know if thats a safe route to go with? Might still think about the Fuji though, will have to ask Kev's opinion on this as well...

Cheers! :thumbsup:

The fuji is the best exhaust for power gains, it's not called the power getter for nothing.

It has a very large bore piping on the bend for maximum flow compared to the HKS, Blitz and RSR and the Megan which all have the same size pipework all the way along.

The fuji is the best exhaust for power gains, it's not called the power getter for nothing.

It has a very large bore piping on the bend for maximum flow compared to the HKS, Blitz and RSR and the Megan which all have the same size pipework all the way along.

Yeah thanks, I saw pictures of the massive piping size of the Fuji, its amazing! Kev also mentined just like you that the Fuji is the best exhaust for power gains, Im going to have to think it over... Im also considering the TTE supercharger perhaps, will have to talk to kimi about some details, also find out the current price.

Price was £3000 fitted, I doubt it would have changed much.

Cheapest over here you could find a TTE supercharger is £2700 then you've got fitting on top.

Then another £300 for the install isn't that much, atleast it would be done by Toyota Motorsport in Köln, where Kimi got her's done, they atleast know what they're doing, I hope! :o

first thing i noticed when i was lookin at it was the mahoosive bore bend.. its all good, jut hope i can get a loan to cover it

ToTo,

Some good launches there. Sounds great to me as is but i don't like intrusive exhaust notes ;)

Thank you Nick! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links