Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla

addz_slh

Hi guys.

I have newly registered so a big hi.

I own a Toyota Corolla 1.3 G6 1999 model.

Car runs sweet other than when setting off (cluth not engaged, anything upto 4th gear) the car will *****/judder/hold back. Nothing too violent though

Now this happens regardless to whether the car is cold or warm ( run for hours, will do the same)

What can i check, test?

Thanks in advance.

If the cluth was slpiing surely there would be more symptoms as the car runs fine other than the slight hold back

If the cluth was slpiing surely there would be more symptoms as the car runs fine other than the slight hold back

apply handbrake - select first and go to set off - you will soon find if the clutch is slipping! had clutch judder on an old 1300 corolla many years ago - it had done 170000 so i left it. taking off more gentle stopped it but the clutch was old and proobably very worn.

Will try that in the morning. Thanks

I've aslo attemped to move off in 2nd gear - apparently this is also another way to check if a clutches knackered/worn out.

Attempted to move the car with handbrake engaged & car wanted to move.

I also noticed when the cars holding back theres a splutter/bang noise. Sound like some sort of combustion?

Attempted to move the car with handbrake engaged & car wanted to move.

I also noticed when the cars holding back theres a splutter/bang noise. Sound like some sort of combustion?

sounds like a bit of a misfire - when was the last time it was serviced? check plugs, leads,distributor and rotor arm. is the car "pinking" or carrying on for a second or two when you turn ignition off?

• 2 weeks later...
Problem solved.

Changed the plugs at first - no difference.

Changed the HT leads today - solved.

Buy a Toyota, Buy the best, buy a rope and tow the rest!

drive her on she'll not let ye down!

hi i only jus joined so hello to everyone, i hav owned a 54 plate corolla Tsport for couple weeks and i put on a blitz induction kit on and the engine management light an tration control light came on, toyota replaced the oxygen sensor but this has not done anything the lights came back on within a day. has anyone had this problem and how to get roun it??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links