Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Undoing The Crank Pully Bolt

midmotorsteve

Have you got the car in the air?

I had a similar problem with one of the alternator ones on a mates car .. the AA guy just did the whole WD40 and then rubber mallet job and it came free.

Hi m8 if you get a socket and power bar onto the nut assuming the engine turns clockwise,you can either turn the engine over briefly off the key or put car in gear 3rd or fourth and rock it forwards and as long as bar is locked out it will free off the nut no bother :D

• 2 weeks later...

the cam belt is off, i'm going to have to try to crank it over, i know its non-interference but is there any risk of hitting the valves? i'd guess not as with no belt they would settle more closed as such. Tried to make a tool but i just bent the 6mm bolts on trying to undo the main bolt :help:

ok, tried turning it over on the key and i'm just digging holes into the concrete of my garage floor, i'm worried that keeping any pressure on will damage the starter motor, i've tried several times, so much so i've flattened the Battery. Just to confirm what i'm doing is correct, i have a socket and breaker bar pointing at 4 o'clock forward to the front of the car, into the garage floor. foot on foot brake, turn key, it jerks digging bar into garage floor, bolt not coming undone. I have plugs out, dissy not connected to ecu, cam belt not on. :help:

quite sure its not a lefty as people have said hey have done it before, i just tried again and it split the socket :eek:

socket.JPG