Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Cressida Rx30 1978-1980

Mr KE70

Hi everyone, anyone got any info on these cars ??

Its a Toyota Cressida 1978 RX30 version, on a T plate.

I was wandering if anyone knows anything about what they r like ?

Are they rear wheel drive ??

Can they be drifted ??

Its a 2.0litre deluxe 4 speed.....

What can be done to these classics?

Ive actually managed to come across 2 of these cars ..

one a vinyl top version and one a normal ..

Both 1978/9.... Mint condition cars ....

Let me know your thoughts plzzzzzzzzzz....

Thanks..

Hi everyone, anyone got any info on these cars ??

Its a Toyota Cressida 1978 RX30 version, on a T plate.

I was wandering if anyone knows anything about what they r like ?

Are they rear wheel drive ??

Can they be drifted ??

Its a 2.0litre deluxe 4 speed.....

What can be done to these classics?

Ive actually managed to come across 2 of these cars ..

one a vinyl top version and one a normal ..

Both 1978/9.... Mint condition cars ....

Let me know your thoughts plzzzzzzzzzz....

Thanks.

ANYONE HELP ????

MUST BE SOMEONE ON HERE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THESE CRESSIDAS ???

0160070802g400210302000uu3.jpg

446yqt5.jpg

Would make one hell of a drift Grand Daddy...

In the United States, the Cressida was also known as a "four-door Supra", because the Supra and Cressida shared the same M series I6 engine. I.e. 2.8 L 5M-GE I6. The Cressida was available worldwide in a variety of forms and engines. Available engines included the G-series I6, M-series I6, and R-series I4 petrol engines, as well as the L series diesel I4.

I have absolutely no experience of the Cressida, and can't find any reference to the RX30 nonetheless.. The Cressy sharing the same engine as the Supra is a good indicator for drift potential :yahoo:

CRESSIDA 1.8 - RX30,35. TOYOTA 18R Engine.

Apparently the RX30 had that 18R, the same they put in the Celica. Great engine. :toast:

I have serviced and PDI'd dozens of these in my time, RWD 18R engine (suffered badly with timing chain rattle) Good trim level. They did a diesel engine version which were used by a lot of taxi companies at the time, we never had any other versions of engine in this country, 18R and L series diesel only. From what I remember of them, they wouldnt pull you out of bed and would wallow a bit on corners

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have serviced and PDI'd dozens of these in my time, RWD 18R engine (suffered badly with timing chain rattle) Good trim level. They did a diesel engine version which were used by a lot of taxi companies at the time, we never had any other versions of engine in this country, 18R and L series diesel only. From what I remember of them, they wouldnt pull you out of bed and would wallow a bit on corners

Is it worth buying a box standard one then ????

As ive come across 2......

I would have had one at the time, not sure about now though, they are a bit long in the tooth and you would struggle to get bits for it, they never imported that many to start with. What are you going to do with it, put a monster engine in it? the engine bay is big enough for a monster if I remember correctly

I would have had one at the time, not sure about now though, they are a bit long in the tooth and you would struggle to get bits for it, they never imported that many to start with. What are you going to do with it, put a monster engine in it? the engine bay is big enough for a monster if I remember correctly

Kingo :thumbsup:[/quot

What a beast !!! LOL !!!

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, sorry to bring this old thread back but I just thought I'd say hi as there was a picture of my car in it (the blue one on UK plates).

As far as I know all UK cars are 'R' engined, hence the RX30 model code, but most other markets got the six cylinder 'M' engine too. Basically and swap you could perform on an R engined car (Celica etc) or M engined car (Supra) could be done to a Cressida (if you're handier than me!). Suspension is coil springs all round, MacPherson struts on the front, the rear axle is a live unit (although there was IRS on some Chaser models I believe). Body styles include saloon, estate and coupe. Stud pattern is 4x114.3. Various guises are known as Cressida, MarkII and Chaser.

• 4 months later...
Hi guys, sorry to bring this old thread back but I just thought I'd say hi as there was a picture of my car in it (the blue one on UK plates).

As far as I know all UK cars are 'R' engined, hence the RX30 model code, but most other markets got the six cylinder 'M' engine too. Basically and swap you could perform on an R engined car (Celica etc) or M engined car (Supra) could be done to a Cressida (if you're handier than me!). Suspension is coil springs all round, MacPherson struts on the front, the rear axle is a live unit (although there was IRS on some Chaser models I believe). Body styles include saloon, estate and coupe. Stud pattern is 4x114.3. Various guises are known as Cressida, MarkII and Chaser.

Very nice car, restored very well, congratulations!

I have one 79 cressy here in the philippines and am really excited to drive it soon, having it restored now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links