Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Not Starting Please Help

DuD3

Hey, wondering if anyone can help me. I have a 96 reg Carina e. I drove the car briefly for a few minutes and everything seemed fine if a little down on power. After stopping the car for less than a minute I then tried restarting the car and got nothing! all the lights and radio work fine so im presuming its not the Battery. The thing that is confusing me is that when i turn the key what appear to be the harzard warning lights come on.

Any help or suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

Regard

Dan Weale

Turn your head lights on. Then try to start. If the engine fails to turn over AND your lights your lights dim.......

This means your Battery is flat.

The lights are all fine when ignition is turned on. also hooked it up to my house mates car with jump leads which made no difference.

Faulty starter motor. when you turn the key fully can you hear a click coming from the engine? This is the starter solonoid. This is where the fault may be.

Remove the starter and test on a bench.

If it's not that there may be a fault on the ignition switch on the steering column. (unlikely tho)

Hi, does your car have an alarm? if so it could be your key fob did not deactivate it and your siren is silenced. The flashers usualy go off aswell when the alarm goes off.

Regards

Cannonc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links