Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Drivers Seat Belt

ajex

Hi Folks,

My drivers seat belt has become quite lax and probably needs to be changed....

Just 50.00 miles on the clock

Is it usual for seat belt to go at this mileage though the car is X regn.or is it symptom of the car having done much more than it is showing ( bought the car 1 year back with 44k miles and so far no reason to suspect it) :D

Corolla Drivers seat belt - Available on eBay for £ 35 and another reseller for £ 5 ( but out of stock) , any ideas / pointers about alternate availability most welcome...

Cheers

Ajex

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone Please tell me how to change the seat belt on the drivers side 2000 corolla ,

Is it easy DIY or I need a mechanic to do it??

Cheers

Ajex

Hi Folks,

Is it usual for seat belt to go at this mileage though the car is X regn.or is it symptom of the car having done much more than it is showing ( bought the car 1 year back with 44k miles and so far no reason to suspect it) :D

Corolla Drivers seat belt - Available on Ebay for £ 35 and another reseller for £ 5 ( but out of stock) , any ideas / pointers about alternate availability most welcome...

Cheers

Ajex

Everything I hav'nt got is FREE :D:

Seat belts are not a common fault, but occasionally the return spring gets lazy and does not recoil itself. PM me the chassis number and colour of the belt, I will price one for you. Toyota seat belts are usually reasonably priced

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Corolla Drivers seat belt - Available on Ebay for £ 35 and another reseller for £ 5 ( but out of stock) , any ideas / pointers about alternate availability most welcome...

Cheers

Ajex

[/quote

Hi Folks,

Cheers

Ajex

[/quote

Hi!

The return rate on toyota seat belts does tend to slacken off with use around this mileage. This does not normally impede the performance of the belt as long as you make sure the belt is in contact with you before you drive off.

I have used every model of the corolla since 1982 as driving school cars and never had to replace belts for this reason. Had 2 that needed to be replaced because of belt wear but I expect that with my high usage.

It is likely that if you replace it with a used belt you may experience the same problem. If it bothers you then a new one is perhaps the only answer.

Have you priced them up at your local Toyota dealer? You may get a pleasant suprise. They are not as expensive as you may think to replace new if my memory serves me right they come in at around £50-£60.

If you are a bit persuasive you might even get 10% off that if you tell them that you are a regular customer and a Toyota fanatic.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback..

My concern is it should do the job when needed and also pass the MOT..

cheers

Aj

Hi!

The return rate on toyota seat belts does tend to slacken off with use around this mileage. This does not normally impede the performance of the belt as long as you make sure the belt is in contact with you before you drive off.

I have used every model of the corolla since 1982 as driving school cars and never had to replace belts for this reason. Had 2 that needed to be replaced because of belt wear but I expect that with my high usage.

It is likely that if you replace it with a used belt you may experience the same problem. If it bothers you then a new one is perhaps the only answer.

Have you priced them up at your local Toyota dealer? You may get a pleasant suprise. They are not as expensive as you may think to replace new if my memory serves me right they come in at around £50-£60.

If you are a bit persuasive you might even get 10% off that if you tell them that you are a regular customer and a Toyota fanatic.

Steve.