Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modding My T Sport

Mason666

Hi I'm new to the forums and do not yet actually own a Yaris T sport but come May I will definately be buying one, and I'd just like to list my ideas for it and then you people with better knowledge on these forums will hopefully correct me advise me better? Many thanks in advance.

So far I'm planning to

• Lower using TEIN S.TECH springs 35F/38R
  • Upgrade all 4 Brake pads with EBC Greenstuff
  • Fit 195/45/16s
  • Fit ENVY Cold Air Intake (Kevin is god for getting this)
  • Finally fit Fujitsubo Power Getter

Sounds like you've done your research there matey, are you going for the Phase 1 or Phase 2? Incase you wondering the Phase 1 is the really good looking one lol.

Havn't really got anything i'd alter on that list, all sounds good, possibly i'd change the Blitz exhaust for the Fujitsubo one because the power gains are better so i've heard. Also if your upgrading the suspension i'd recommend buying strut braces to tighten it all up..

Happy hunting, Look forward to seeing the beast.

I did spend a while browsing the forums first

I hadn't looked into the phases I'm guessing as I can only afford an early model (01/02) that would be the Phase 1?

I'll also have a look at strut braces and the Fujitsubo.

Any more advice from yourself or others still welcome, Thanks

I'd take the K&N over the blitz induction, either that or go for an apexi but are very hard to get ATM.

K&N relocates under the Battery so good for cold air.

Blitz and apexi sits in the back of engine bay and sucks up warm air, unless you relocate it and have it behind the headlight, for this you have to turn the Battery around.

Blitz exhausts about £260, sounds pretty good, but if your after more performance, i'd go with the fujitsubo but that will set you back £360, but you will never be dissapointed with the sound. Both are backboxes only.

The endless SSS pads are £125 for the front and £125 for the rear, or they were when I had mine nearly 18 months ago, but have a ceramic compund, no other pads can touch them for performance and price, and because of the ceramic compound they are dust free, so no crap on you wheels.

Good choice on the springs, no better ones out there.

stick with 195 tyres, they wil be cheaper than 205's and depending what wheels you get (offset i'm on about) they are less likely to catch on the arches, (inner and outer)

Sounds like a nice list mate

I would definally go for

S.techs - You will be amazed by handling for just a spring set up with standard shocks!

EBC and Endless brakes are both amazing!

195/45/16s - No need for extra money spent on tyres and will handle better with this size (Go for toyo T1R's if you can)

Typhoon kit sounds like a gun and really helps with throttle response!

Back box's are up to you really just dont get a cheap one, all have different sounds - but dont expect any power as only back box!

Welcome BTW!

Adam

Hi and welcome! Just my 2 cents worth...

• Lower using TEIN S.TECH springs 35F/38R (Upto £250)
    Best choice for springs only, or you can always go with a coilover setup, the Tein Basic Damper is fully adjustable regarding height, will cost you around £500 though.
  • Upgrade either the front or all 4 Brake pads with EBC Greenstuff or Endless SSS pads (Upto £150)
    Good choice, stick with either...
  • Fit either 195/45/16s or 205/45/16s
    Stick with 15's instead, 195/50/15 is the best setup in my opinion!
  • Fit either K&N Typhoon Air Intake or Blitz SUS Power Induction Kit (Upto £200)
    K&N over Blitz or Apexi as others have mentioned as well...
  • Finally fit Blitz Nurspec-S Backbox (Upto £350)
    Go with the Fujitsubo Power Getter instead, best possible choice regarding flow, performance and sound.

Cheers! :beer:

maybe performance but not the BEST in sound..its down to personal opinion. yeah its got a nice sound but so have others. i love the sound of my rsr, the blitz is a very good exhaust and has a very unique sound. hks hi-power makes a nice sound as you`d expect from hks.

Yeah I agree, I guess its down to personal opinion, RS*R is very good as well, so is HKS, you just have to choose...

Thanks for all the advice I have updated the list at the top after making some changes

However I got a new question now.

What is the difference between these two Fujitsubo exhausts?

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?f...Product_ID=2898

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?f...Product_ID=4654

Different pictures

it's just envy, you get parts for other cars under the yaris selection, I'm surprised they haven't sorted it by now, it's been like that for years.

this is the one, bottom of the two you posted

Ring them rather than order it over the net

armoredfist mentioned getting an apexi but they are hard to find. Ive got one for sale if your interested? Never even been out the box! :o

Is it worth speaking to Kevin when ordering stuff? I think that's his name I saw on the forums

Yeah definitely you have to speak to Kevin, he's the Yaris man over @ Envy, but Gaz also can help, he knows his stuff too! ;)

Anyways the exhaust you want is the second one, this is the one for our cars...

Best bet is to give them a call, much more easier and faster to order and ask questions then by mail...

armoredfist mentioned getting an apexi but they are hard to find. Ive got one for sale if your interested? Never even been out the box! :o

Rather have the K&N for it's placement than the Apexi, however thanks for the offer and you've done exactly what I was about to ask, can anyone PM me or something if they have any of the parts I have listed and would be willing to sell.

Thanks

I'm shocked at the number of responses keep them coming if possible.

Edit: Looked more into the forums, would really like the Envy Cold Air Intake if anyone has one or could get hold of one as its discontinued.

no one would ever sell the envy kit unless they were doing the turbo conversion or returning to standard to sell on but that`d get snapped up in seconds.

Ive got the Envy CAI, its really top notch!!! :rolleyes: If Kevin can get his hands on one for you, then there's nothing else to talk about, get on it!

Hiya In harrogate i see, im right next to ya ;)

Ok, well i had an apexi but changed it for envys last CIA (well obviously not if kevs found another one) top peice of kit much better than apexi imo, better performance, and position.

I had s tech springs they were great, orignally had them on the t sport 15's but then upgraded to 16's (195/45/16's) they rubbed like <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> when ever anybody was in the back, and tbh didnt look as good as the 15's with those springs, so went back to some nice rota 15's. But now i have coilovers so its even lower! ;)

As for exhaust, its down to personal preference, like Jason says RS*R sounds ***** hot, thats what i have and it comes with a silencer if it to loud for ya, but i do believe Envy said there not doing them anymore so may be hard to get hold of.

Imo go for 15's if your only getting springs as it will look lower than it will with 16's on and look much better, the yaris sits to high imo. Would only go for 16's if you were fitting coilovers so you could slam it.

Anyway just a few thoughts, what you driving currently might of seen you about. Mines the thunder grey Yaris, sklammed on its ***** with thunde grey jspl's with chrome lip, Look out Yo! lol

Ok, well i had an apexi but changed it for envys last CIA (well obviously not if kevs found another one) top peice of kit much better than apexi imo, better performance, and position.

I had s tech springs they were great, orignally had them on the t sport 15's but then upgraded to 16's (195/45/16's) they rubbed like <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> when ever anybody was in the back, and tbh didnt look as good as the 15's with those springs, so went back to some nice rota 15's. But now i have coilovers so its even lower! ;)

As for exhaust, its down to personal preference, like Jason says RS*R sounds ***** hot, thats what i have and it comes with a silencer if it to loud for ya, but i do believe Envy said there not doing them anymore so may be hard to get hold of.

Imo go for 15's if your only getting springs as it will look lower than it will with 16's on and look much better, the yaris sits to high imo. Would only go for 16's if you were fitting coilovers so you could slam it.

Anyway just a few thoughts, what you driving currently might of seen you about. Mines the thunder grey Yaris, sklammed on its ***** with thunde grey jspl's with chrome lip, Look out Yo! lol

I'm pretty certain I never seen ya, I've only seen two T-Sports, one in black one in what I can only call beige, both stock.

As for going on 15s I really wanna stick with the 16s, I rarely ever have rear passengers so I should be ok and in my opinion 15s are just too small.

Counting the days till I can actually stop dreaming n start putting the beast together :)

you can rarely see the difference between the sizes once they`re on the car. also depends on the style of wheel. i really dont like 16s but i think my next wheels will be 16 im affraid but only because they dont make them in 15 :( tyre prices are !Removed! for 16s aswell.

I'm pretty certain I never seen ya, I've only seen two T-Sports, one in black one in what I can only call beige, both stock.

As for going on 15s I really wanna stick with the 16s, I rarely ever have rear passengers so I should be ok and in my opinion 15s are just too small.

Counting the days till I can actually stop dreaming n start putting the beast together :)

:lol::g: the 'beige' is the thunder grey. probablys the most common colour for tpots :thumbsup:

:lol::g: the 'beige' is the thunder grey. probablys the most common colour for tpots :thumbsup:

No seriously this ones like a digestive biscuit its horrible

ill try take a pic its usually near school

you can rarely see the difference between the sizes once they`re on the car. also depends on the style of wheel. i really dont like 16s but i think my next wheels will be 16 im affraid but only because they dont make them in 15 :( tyre prices are !Removed! for 16s aswell.

I'm basing my opinion on all the pics I could find on the forums, and from some of the meets.

Although you both had to get me looking didn't you, a wheel I loved at 17" but can't be bought at 16" does come in a 15"

http://www.potn.com/watermark1~POTN~images...er%2017x7.5.jpg

Where as these come in 15", 16" and 17".

http://www.potn.com/watermark1~POTN~images...ip%2017x7.5.jpg

Confusion!

I'm basing my opinion on all the pics I could find on the forums, and from some of the meets.

Although you both had to get me looking didn't you, a wheel I loved at 17" but can't be bought at 16" does come in a 15"

http://www.potn.com/watermark1~POTN~images...er%2017x7.5.jpg

Where as these come in 15", 16" and 17".

http://www.potn.com/watermark1~POTN~images...ip%2017x7.5.jpg

Confusion!

you've got plenty of time to decide yet mate. 15's too small, 17's too big.....defo need lightweight 16's in my opinion! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links