Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blue Water Temp Light

Milzeh

Just bought a grey Yaris T Sport. Totally love the car! The thing is when it's fired up the blue light of a thermometer on some wavey water comes on for a couple of mins then goes off. Does this mean the rad needs it's water topping up? To me it's a sign the cylinder head gasket might be on it's way or some other prob. Can anybody please help suggestions? I'll check water in morning when it's day light.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Completely normal my friend. The blue light just means the coolant is cold. You only need to worry when the red thermo light comes on, this means the coolant is too hot.

Mart.

Nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

It’s telling you that the engine is cold and to drive carefully until it’s fully warmed up. When the engine is at its normal temperature the light will go out.

I keep my revs low and drive like a nun on a Sunday afternoon until things are warmed up, basically don’t over rev/red line your car when its cold :thumbsup:

Just bought a grey Yaris T Sport. Totally love the car! The thing is when it's fired up the blue light of a thermometer on some wavey water comes on for a couple of mins then goes off. Does this mean the rad needs it's water topping up? To me it's a sign the cylinder head gasket might be on it's way or some other prob. Can anybody please help suggestions? I'll check water in morning when it's day light.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Just a temp light mate.

Just letting you know the engine is cold. which then goes off when the engine is up to running temp.

When the light goes red the engine is overheating

nothing to worry about :)

I wonder how many times can people answer the same question? :huh: :P

Mart.

Mart.

Its just a temp light, its just a temp light, its just a temp light :ph34r: :P

Mart.

pmsl, anymore? :2guns: :group-cuddles: lol

Mart.

Mart.

Mart.

Its just a temp light :crutchy:

Mart.

Mart.

Its just a temp light :crutchy:

Is that the blue temp light ............or the red temp light? :P ;)

Joking aside, I think it’s a great feature. Not sure how many other manufactures have a cold engine warning.

Joking aside, I think it’s a great feature. Not sure how many other manufactures have a cold engine warning.

TVOR actually all the analog temperature indicators have it. The indicator is just off the scale down to cold. :)

Anyways, to avoid the cold start of the engine you might have an "engine warmer" (correct english word? motorvärmare :/) which heats the car up before you drive off with it, having the engine cold for a top of 2 minutes. I use that whenever I remember up here in Sweden since it can be rather cold in the mornings during winter, dunno about UK.

Also, while the engine is cold it uses way more fuel than at a normal temp, so drive as little as you can with it, for the sake of the environment and all! :)

I use that whenever I remember up here in Sweden since it can be rather cold in the mornings during winter, dunno about UK.

Yeah, UK's cold almost all the time too!!! :D

By the way, the blue light is just the temp light!

Mine goes off after 1 min, So I dont uses that as a indicator of a warmed up engine. I give it ten mins of driving before its up to proper temp. As with any car it takes about that for oil/water temp to to be in range.

Mine goes off after 1 min, So I dont uses that as a indicator of a warmed up engine. I give it ten mins of driving before its up to proper temp. As with any car it takes about that for oil/water temp to to be in range.

In the summer it'll go out quicker.

I would prefer an analogue gauge you can see the needle moving toward the red if theres trouble and you have time to find a place to pull over instead of a red light coming on when the engines too hot and then panicking.

every normal temp guage with a needle starts in the blue at the bottom! also, its not really a warning as nothing is wrong if your coolants cold, its just to remind you not to go to hard with it cold, in a car with regular guages you would just wait til the needle moved up a bit.

btw, its just a temp light :rolleyes: :P B)

its just to remind you not to go to hard with it cold,

Until the CTS engine has warmed up you don't even get lift!! :o

What's the blue water symbol indicate again????? :lol::lol: :P

Dunno :S Whats it look like this light?

Mart.

TVOR actually all the analog temperature indicators have it. The indicator is just off the scale down to cold. :)

Anyways, to avoid the cold start of the engine you might have an "engine warmer" (correct english word? motorvärmare :/) which heats the car up before you drive off with it, having the engine cold for a top of 2 minutes. I use that whenever I remember up here in Sweden since it can be rather cold in the mornings during winter, dunno about UK.

Also, while the engine is cold it uses way more fuel than at a normal temp, so drive as little as you can with it, for the sake of the environment and all! :)

I have seen a couple of KENLOWE hotstarts fitted to Yaris at work a few years ago.

Link - http://www.kenlowe.com/

Mart.

Dunno :S Whats it look like this light?

Mart.

its a small little thermometer light with little wavey lines.

its a temperature light to tell you the engines cold ... ;)

jokes getting old...? no ? haha :yahoo:

• 11 years later...

What does it mean when I start my engine and the temp light is red for a second before going blue? Have just had cambelt done and water pump checked.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The sequence during a cold start is red temperature light to show it’s working, followed by a blue light until the engine had warmed up a bit. If the red light comes on again after that your goose is cooked,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links