Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant Get 18 Inch Rims On Auris Tr

BIGJOHN89

Hi i have had my auris for about 2 months now and was wondering if anyone new why u cant have 18 inch rims on the TR. if anybody has the answer or thinks this is wrong please let me no. cause i really want some 18 inch on my auris. :D

You should look to keep the overall tyre diameter within 2% of standard when fitting new wheels.

So you can fit bigger wheels providing you reduce the tyre profile accordingly. If you look at a car with 16" wheels then imagine how low the profile would be if the wheels were 2" larger. You'll find that tyres, if you can get them in the size you need, will be very expensive, and the ride will be very hard indeed.

Personally I think they'll probably end up looking like cart wheels. ;)

Hello just fitted 8x18" alloy wheels with 225/40/18 low profile tyres to my Auris T-spiritD4D 2.0 with no problems, what size of wheels are on the TR, on the T-spirit they are 16", hope this will help. :thumbsup:

I have 18" with the same tyres as above here. And tms lowering springs. No problems... wondering about 19 or even 20 next summer.

I have TMS Pittlane,s 18" 7,5J et45 on my Auris with 225-40-18 tyres and TMS loweringsprings no problems at all

post-6191-1200936404_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

I've got 18 inch Lexus wheels on my no problem 

IMG_20160213_144949.jpg

Then again the thread is over eight years old .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/10/2016 at 4:43 PM, Steveo94 said:

IMG_20160213_144949.jpg

Did you lower your springs on this just asking if you have to lower them or not the springs

On 5/10/2016 at 3:43 PM, Steveo94 said:

8 minutes ago, Michaelmalta said:

Did you lower your springs on this just asking if you have to lower them or not the springs

The topic dates back to 2008, and the member you asked the question of hasn't visited Toyota Owners Club since 2016, so is unlikely to reply.