Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1990 Camry Clutch

fitzroycamry

My Son's Clutch is starting to slip, I have changed clutches in the past but never FWD. Is it relatively easy to do on a 1990 Camry 4 banger????

If it is a shop job, it may take it's last journey to the junk yard!!!!

Don't sound like you have too much to loose. Might as well try it, if it fails, Oh well it was headed to the junk yard any way.

Tools and a cheery picker ( motor puller ) would make life more easy.

I figure it's:

pull the drive shafts,

disconnect the starter, clutch cable and gear linkage

unbolt the tranny and I should be faced with the clutch!!!

am I missing anything????

Yea, there is more. I think it is something you can do, but there is other stuff, like Cruse control actuator, exhaust from the Man. to the cat, stabilizer bar bracket.

Looks like you need to lower the sub frame, keeping track of which bolt goes to which hole. Appearently there different sizes.

It might be worth grabbing a 20 dollar book or a trip to your local libary to see what your up to.

Thanks for the info - I checked out the book, there is more than I thought!!! and my garage is not heated and it gets cold up here. I think I shall work the weekend in a nice warm office and let the overtime pay the shop!!!

I had to find the post to see what you decided. A warm office beats the ( insert your word here) out of working in the cold.

Looks like one of those things that if you had done 3 or more it would go pretty quickly, but a first time...........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links