Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Double Din Facia Kit

neilvr

Drobotic,

Thank you for helping out with all this. I have figured out the POIs and the speed camera issue. It is all working perfectly. I realise what you mean by my unit sticking out. I will talk to the installer tomorrow to see if it can be pushed further back into the dash. I am having problems with the ipod video. In the menu list on the Kenwood, it does not show the video selection. I have everything including playlists but no video. How do you get to the video menu? Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• drobotic

• derwill

• Gareth Winn

Hello,

derwill, check this link, there is firmware upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4

This must solve your problem with iPod issue.

Also here is upgrade for navigation.

You must do all that upgrade and check now all functions.

Regards, 042.gif

Right, all problems solved. IPod working with video and TMC, nav and all settings figured out. For anyone tempted tpo make this investment, I will say it is well worth it. You will however need to follow most of the instructions on this thread to actually get it working to your satisfaction. My ICE dealer has told me today that the DNX 5220BT is in very short supply at the moment.

Drobotic, thanks for all your help. My installer is still not sure how the unit can be mounted flyush with the dashboard. As you can see from my image, the unit sticks out a bit, yours doesn't. Did you use the cage that came with the DNX 5220BT? My installer did not. He bolted the unit directly using the original OEM bolts

I am interested in your setup so any info will be welcome. Thanks again

Hello,

Follow the procedure or just give it to your installer.

First remove side covers

dsc00431ty5.th.jpg

Then remove top ventilation

dsc00432bp3.th.jpg

Here is the place where I put the GPS antenna

dsc00458za5.th.jpg

Remove the facia

dsc00436em1.th.jpg

This is OEM side brackets which your installer used for mounting the new unit ( already modified by me, in next step you will see how )

dsc00439wg6.th.jpg

continued...

Demount the brackets and abrade the pins on bracket

dsc00444ch2.th.jpgdsc00448ju6.th.jpgdsc00447np5.th.jpg

bracketzk0.th.jpg

Save image to your computer and make full page photo print to get it 1:1 or increase print on 106% custom

When the new holes are added it should be like this

dsc00449an5.th.jpg

Return the bracket to the unit and fasten with screws on exact place like mine

dsc00439wg6.th.jpg

Return the unit back

dsc00453fo0.th.jpg

continued...

Return the facia and center the unit inner the facia

dsc00454ns9.th.jpg

Reduce plastic frame to fit in the facia ( you have only one chance to get it right so do it on the best possible way )

dsc00455wd2.th.jpg

Always check thickness and fitments

dsc00456tu5.th.jpgdsc00457lo7.th.jpg

And when everything is on it's place assemble whole dash together and enjoy !

If it's to tough for you just give the bracket draft to your installer and give it to him do the work :D

I hope that this will help.

Regards, 042.gif

Thanks for your help Drobotic!

My player starts it's way to Finland

tomorrow, so your tips will be soon

very useful!

Regards :)

dsc00454ns9.th.jpg

Reduce plastic frame to fit in the facia ( you have only one chance to get it right so do it on the best possible way )

dsc00455wd2.th.jpg

If it's to tough for you just give the bracket draft to your installer and give it to him do the work :D

Regards, 042.gif

Drobotic,

Did you use the original Kenwood cage to install the unit or did you fit it without the cage. My installer is still saying that the way they fitted it is the only way as they bolted it using the original Auris bolting points but did NOT use the Kenwood cage that came with the DNX 5220. Thanks

Derwill, if You carefully look at the pictures in my posts you will notice that I didn't use Kenwood cage.

Carefully read procedure again !!

Regards,

dsc00454ns9.th.jpg

dsc00455wd2.th.jpg

Regards, 042.gif

Drobotic,

Did you use the original Kenwood cage to install the unit or did you fit it without the cage. My installer is still saying that the way they fitted it is the only way as they bolted it using the original Auris bolting points but did NOT use the Kenwood cage that came with the DNX 5220. Thanks

Well well, all sorted now. Please see the pics. Thank you so much for all your help. Next is to paint the facia, will look into that tomorrow.

post-53832-1211232746_thumb.jpg

post-53832-1211232768_thumb.jpg

Finally You finished!!

Now look nice, just paint the facia and it will looks like OEM installation :thumbsup:

Regards,

Drobotic, final question for you. Have you managed to get the sms (text message) working? I currently use a nokia E51 and the sms feature doesn't work at all. In fact it is greyed out. It doesn't notify me of new sms received either. I am having the facia sprayed today... the closest match was a renault dark gray colour for the Auris dashboard....Thanks

Drobotic, final question for you. Have you managed to get the sms (text message) working? I currently use a nokia E51 and the sms feature doesn't work at all. In fact it is greyed out. It doesn't notify me of new sms received either. I am having the facia sprayed today... the closest match was a renault dark gray colour for the Auris dashboard....Thanks

Drobotic does have 5220 without bluetooth, don't you remember?

Why didn't they have Toyota Auris silver colour? :o

There isn't a colour code for the toyota dashboard and toyota only describe it as dark grey. You will have to go to a paint manufacturer or car body sprayer to get them to match the colour for you and in my case the closest match was a colour identified for renault.. in your case it may be different.

There isn't a colour code for the toyota dashboard and toyota only describe it as dark grey. You will have to go to a paint manufacturer or car body sprayer to get them to match the colour for you and in my case the closest match was a colour identified for renault.. in your case it may be different.

Could you please send some pics for me to see how does it look like painted with "closest to the right one" -colour?

Hello guys,

Yes i don't have BT version of DNX but it will be updates for BT unit in the future.

Regarding color I give the upper part of dash to my car painter which he use DuPont colors and when he scan the color his PC database already have color code with remarks that is Toyota interior color.

Don't guess the color, scan it and only in that case it could be 99% correct.

Regards, 042.gif

A znaš koji je kod boje?

Pozdrav!

Yes, came to my mind too... Could you please tell us the code,

I am getting my facia allready next week, so won't have to scan.

Regards!

Yes, came to my mind too... Could you please tell us the code,

I am getting my facia allready next week, so won't have to scan.

Regards!

Hi

Both paint suppliers I visited in London did not have the colour scanning technology. They use strips of paper with the different colours on them to math the dashboard colour. Drobo, it will be nice if you could give us the actual colour code as you seem to have the technology to idenify the actual colour. I am picking my painted facia up tomorrow, will write back to say if the colour match was good.

Thanks

To bump this thread up btw, i found a local audio shop here in the Netherlands who sells everything you need to fit in a other HU in your Toyota Auris.

- ISO frame

- ISO adapter

- Speaker adapters front (set)

- Speaker adapters back (set)

This all cost me 71euro's and should be arriving in a few days.

Ill post a guide if i can get this working (going with a single DIN headunit).

In what format do you guys watch your movies, and do you prefer iPod or DVD?

For me the videos in iPod are very laggy and the picture is stopping all the time.

What format, resolution and settings are the best when using iPod connection?

What format, resolution and settings are the best when using DVD?

Best regards, Alex

Hello,

sorry for not hearing from me because I have been on business trip.

Regarding color I didn't get the code for now.

Here is update for HU regarding Garmin - Garmin Site

Regards,

Hi All! I'm Hungarian Toyota funatic :thumbsup: and need help...i don't open this alpine auris.jpg...WHY?

SRY..just a little bit speak english...

TY

Hi All! I'm Hungarian Toyota funatic :thumbsup: and need help...i don't open this alpine auris.jpg...WHY?

SRY..just a little bit speak english...

TY

Hello KOV! Please try this link

Hy AlexC! This OK! I know what was the problem...i nothing write in forum and so only visitor...and visitor no view the pic... :blink:

I hope understand me :rolleyes: