Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To The Gt4

Gt4Scotland

Hi All , I've recently become interested in the GT4. Specifically the ST205. I've seen a white 1995 model in my work car park and its amazing looking. I live pretty near to Edinburgh and there's a couple of Jap car importers. Had a quick search on Autotrader etc and found my favourite colour for the GT4 being white. Also found 2 or 3 black and one silver aswell.

The one I went to see today was a 2006 model with approx 75,000 miles on it priced at £6,000. There's also some minor mods such as HKS induction , After Market exhaust etc but relatively standard.

There is some good and bad points however.

Good points are that

Its the model and year im after

The garage is local

The interior looked pretty good

The brake Calipers have all been rubbed down and painted

The garage tells me that it will have a full service with belts changed aswell (fair amount of labour involved there!)

Good tyres

3 month warranty

6 months tax

BIMTA Cert (although from what I read it only guarantee's mileage at time of going to auction) Also bimta.org doesnt exist?

Also a great trade in value for my car at full book price.

Finally its only put my insurance up by £80 , Yeah I was stunned!

Bad points

High price compared to other's (then again this could be offset by the amount the car has been prepared?)

No service history at all :o( (I'm new to jap imports, Is it very unusual to not have this?)

Reasonable sized scratch under one of the headlights

Stonechip sized dent on the off side wing

alloys have been kerbed

No alarm but the dealer offered to fit one at a reasonable price.

Think thats all , sorry to go on a bit , Dunno whether the put the minor bodywork down to the fact that its 11 year old or for just look for better. Also strangely the trader didn't seem that bothered about a potential sale? unless he assumed I was just some sort of Test pilot?

my first response is that is quite expensive i think you could get a whole lot of car elswere for less mate,

thats my opinion, also for that type of money i would expect the dealer to sort the bodywork out, and maybe extend the warranty for you.

as for service history it is unusual for you to get any history from japan (well none of my imports ever have) but you would expect to have at least some reciepts to say it has been serviced in the uk?

hope i have helped

Welcome Mark.

2006 model? are you still talking GT4's here?

From the description, I infer he meant 1996.

Unless it's another Fensport special ;)

Welcome Mark.
2006 model? are you still talking GT4's here?

From the description, I infer he meant 1996.

Unless it's another Fensport special ;)

yeah id assume he's on about 1996 model as he mentions its 11 years old further down lol.

Anyway £6k is a lot of money for a 96 car IMHO, i would suggest looking around as you will be able to find a similar spec car for less dinero.

well with that sort of milage and price i'd hope that the superstrut suspension was all brand new as it'll soon be up for re-newal and it's cheap.

have a look over on the gt4 owners club...

www.gt4oc.net ive just sold mine there, and it was a lot better value and condition than the one you just mentioned...

Tip: dont rush buying a gt4 ;-)