Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oversized Pistons

led-gt4

Hi folks! does any1 know where i can buy oversized pistons? 1 of my pistons has cracked and i need to get the block bored as it had been scored. not badly but still needs done. I just want standard oversized pistons, not lookin for big bhp 300ish is fine and any more horsepower and i will be stopping at EVERY petrol station.

Ive been told that toyota do them but as per usual i wud expect to pay an arm and a leg from them.

its the only option i can think of other than lookin for a new engine and i would say they wud b hard to come by! i have looked after the car and would like to rebuild the engine as ive just bought a new gear box along with a few tubes etc from japan with 30k on it (well so ive been told and to be honest the gear box does like brand new) and the car was well serviced before the piston cracked.

also will over sized pistons and bored out block give me more bhp, if so how much?

the only reason i knew this happened was cause oil started ****** out of the dump valve while driving. do u think would ave damaged the turbo or should it b ok?

as always any help would be great!

thanks

Hi Mate,

Standard Oversize Pistons -

Fensport do a set of 86.5mm (0.5 oversize) for about £180 + Vat, and a set of oversize Piston rings to match is about £80 + Vat. Both are Genuine Toyota.

To have a look yourself, go to fensport.co.uk, go to Parts, ST205, Engine section.

Tony

to be honest mate i'd say that the oil escaping your dump valve could be as a result and not the cause of the piston failure.

what sort of boost are you running?

what sort of mods have you got done?

check for engine codes as they might help you find the cause of any problems

to be honest mate i'd say that the oil escaping your dump valve could be as a result and not the cause of the piston failure.

what sort of boost are you running?

what sort of mods have you got done?

check for engine codes as they might help you find the cause of any problems

sorry that wasnt worded great. no oil escaping is the result of the piston failure not the cause. the oil was escaping up the chip in the piston and thereofre escaping out the dump value. im just wondering if this would have goosed the turbo. im running standard boost, powerflow exhaust and after market down pipe (unsure as to which 1 as if was already on the car when i bought it), have blitz dv and k&n panel filter, pretty much standard and bhp wouldnt have increased that much from those mods.

i was concerned that the chip that came out of the piston would ave reached the turbo and mucked it up but im fairy certain by the look of the block and the size of the chip that this would have been ground up by the piston and just turned into dust and blew out.

any1 know anywhere cheaper than fensport for oversized pistons. its workin out 300 for pistons and rings.

Toyota pistons are not over expensive, well not as much as you might expect! 0.5mm Oversize is the biggest you can get

4 x O/S Pistons 55.57 each plus VAT

1 x Set 0.5 O/S Rings 103.45 plus VAT

Discounts to TOC members who buy from me

Kingo :thumbsup:

Toyota pistons are not over expensive, well not as much as you might expect! 0.5mm Oversize is the biggest you can get

fensport quote cheaper than that mate. 177.72 plus vat for 0.5 over sized pitsons and 77.30 plus vat for rings

fensport quote cheaper than that mate. 177.72 plus vat for 0.5 over sized pitsons and 77.30 plus vat for rings

If thats what you want go for it. I was just responding to your request of "where can I buy oversized pistons"

or JE forgies can be had for just under £300 and that does give you a nice bullet proof bottom end (well upto about 400-450bhp anyway). only draw back its slightly higher oil consumption.

let me guess it was NO3 piston that failed? if you are running 1.1bar or under and using an EBC then i would recommend getting the injectors checked. if you are using a bleed valve or a relief valve then throw it in the bin, they just arnt reliable enough

If thats what you want go for it. I was just responding to your request of "where can I buy oversized pistons"

sorry didnt mean that to sound cheeky or anything. i was just stating that they are selling excatly parts for cheaper

or JE forgies can be had for just under £300 and that does give you a nice bullet proof bottom end (well upto about 400-450bhp anyway). only draw back its slightly higher oil consumption.

let me guess it was NO3 piston that failed? if you are running 1.1bar or under and using an EBC then i would recommend getting the injectors checked. if you are using a bleed valve or a relief valve then throw it in the bin, they just arnt reliable enough

no not using a boost controller and it was number 2 piston that failed. je forgies? where do i get them and does that price include vat and rings?

sorry didnt mean that to sound cheeky or anything. i was just stating that they are selling excatly parts for cheaper

:D: No problem.......Just make sure though, are they Toyota genuine pistons OR pistons that are made by the supplier who supply Toyota......there is a world of difference. If they are genuine (which I doubt) then they are buying them at half my cost so where do they get them I wonder?

:D: No problem.......Just make sure though, are they Toyota genuine pistons OR pistons that are made by the supplier who supply Toyota......there is a world of difference. If they are genuine (which I doubt) then they are buying them at half my cost so where do they get them I wonder?

it says genuine toyota parts. check it out www.fensport.co.uk

its not half the cost just a saving of about 80 odd quid on those 2 parts

Yes I see where your coming from, but if I look at my cost price, and assume there cost price (retail less a bit of profit) then they must be buying genuine parts at half my cost :eek: I must find their supplier, lol

Yes I see where your coming from, but if I look at my cost price, and assume there cost price (retail less a bit of profit) then they must be buying genuine parts at half my cost :eek: I must find their supplier, lol

i rang there to check and they have told me there are def toyota pistons. maybe u should ring and ask their supplier but they can hardly tell me that if its not true! i wud just send them back

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links