Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Was My Yaris Built?

Pandemonium

Any way of finding out where my new Yaris was built? I think it was built in France, according to a couple of VIN sites I visited - they all seem to be US sites though. Is there any way of knowing for sure?

On phase one and Phase two Yaris it says on a small sticker on the front windscreen, im not sure if this is the same on Mk2s.

The Chassis numbers start with different letters too but I am unsure what these are.

Jap built Yaris start JT1.........French built VIN starts VNK

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mine's French then :)

I thought Toyota had an East European plant building the Yaris too, but I might be wrong.

Mine's French then :)

I thought Toyota had an East European plant building the Yaris too, but I might be wrong.

Toyota have an East European plant building the Aygo :thumbsup:

How different is they Aygo to it's Peugeot & Citroen counterparts? Top Gear Magazine suggests the Toyota is the best of the bunch, though there is little to choose between them.

How different is they Aygo to it's Peugeot & Citroen counterparts? Top Gear Magazine suggests the Toyota is the best of the bunch, though there is little to choose between them.

they are all built the same factory by the same people... so they should all be the same... but yeah apprently the toyota is better!

• 2 weeks later...
Any way of finding out where my new Yaris was built? I think it was built in France, according to a couple of VIN sites I visited - they all seem to be US sites though. Is there any way of knowing for sure?

If the first few letters of your chassis start JTD is a japan built model, if the letters are VNK its a french built model.

• 8 years later...

The Japanese one also has jtd vin number too which causes some problems when looking for certain parts 

On 1/26/2008 at 1:21 PM, .Chris said:

they are all built the same factory by the same people... so they should all be the same... but yeah apprently the toyota is better!

Probably due to Dealer Service experiences..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Madasafish said:

Probably due to Dealer Service experiences..

Could well be. When I owned various Citroens the cars themselves weren't bad, but some of the main dealers would have struggled to find their own backsides with both hands...