Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St185 Front Foglights

dangerboy

Hi all,

I am new to the world of GT4's, does everyone drive round with a big grin on their faces all the time? Or is it just me?

Can anyone help me with a wee problem i have, due to having no MOTs where i live the police are prone to pulling people over and checking lights and tyres and the like. I was checked around christmas and it was pointed out that one of my front fogs wasnt working.

I have had a look at the fogs but i cant work out if i can take the grill out in front of the fog or whether its a bumper out job? Also an MR2 owning friend of mine suggested it miught be a complete sealed fog light and i would need a new one?

thanks in advance, apologies if i have waffled a bit.

DB

No mot's? Sweet. At first thoughts, i'd say it was a bumper off jobbie, but not needed to do it myself so not 100%. Your friend may be right about the fogs being sealed units too, never heard of being able to replace fog light bulbs, but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

you can gain access to them through two removable parts of the bumper infront of them, i very much doubt they are sealed and the bulbs can't be changed, i don't know as i replaced mine with after market ones

What model celica do you have? The CS versions have different bumpers from non CS models. Presuming you have a normal St185 there are 2 pull out on the front grille infront of the fogs, after you have removed the slots the lights should be able to move forward. youd need to jack the car up slightly and reach around the back with your hand to undo the plug and the bulb should come out with it.

you can gain access to them through two removable parts of the bumper infront of them, i very much doubt they are sealed and the bulbs can't be changed, i don't know as i replaced mine with after market ones

Seconded. They're not sealed.

Thanks for the replies.

I live on the isle of man so not only no MOTS but no speed limits either!

I have this model:

paul_cepeks_gt4_st185.jpg

Do the grills just pull out forwards? I was a bit worried that the plastic might have become brittle and would break when i tried to remove the grills :(

Thanks for the replies.

I live on the isle of man so not only no MOTS but no speed limits either!

I have this model:

paul_cepeks_gt4_st185.jpg

Do the grills just pull out forwards? I was a bit worried that the plastic might have become brittle and would break when i tried to remove the grills :(

Gen 5 ST185 is what you've got. The plastic the grilles made from is very soft, just as well when there's speed humps around. If you have a close look you'll see that the grille panels covering the fogs are seperate. You have to fiddle around a bit to unclip the covers. Actually quite easy to do, once you've done the first one. :thumbsup:

H1 bulbs in my front fogs st182 facelift 1993, got the lights in the states, its a bumper off job to fit the lights but i got them in without taking it off !Removed! of a job to fit even with the correct tools.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links