Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Bought One - 2001 Yaris 1.3 Sr

grayfray

Well, thanks for all previous advice just bought a 2001 Yaris SR

I have a couple of questions....my SR does not have alloy wheels or a rear spoiler...where they sold without the wheels and spoiler or have these been sold off my Yaris?

Well, thanks for all previous advice just bought a 2001 Yaris SR

I have a couple of questions....my SR does not have alloy wheels or a rear spoiler...where they sold without the wheels and spoiler or have these been sold off my Yaris?

The SR's all came with alloys

Think odd ones got away without the spoiler. Both easy to find and fit. eBay is probs the best bet.

Is it an SR on the log book?

Hi Nick sr

Yes, defo says SR on the log book....my son also says...though he could be wrong that the SR's came with a bigger exhaust pipe??

here it is on the website...the blue one

the sr's came with 15" alloys, spoiler, and tte back box with big shiny pipe. and also sr badges on the side.

the site says yours is an "SRi" which never existed, only sr did. Also, that is NOT an sr in those pics. Its missing the wheels, spoiler, exhaust and badging for one thing.

Also, see the little Badge beside the "yaris" Badge on the boot? That denotes that it is a special edition, although i dont know which one off the top of my head. So basically youve got a yaris 1.3 special edition which maybe had different cloth on the seats and free leccy windows or something.

Not all SR's came with spoiler and alloys, etc. Mine was an SR on the logbook and when I traded it in at a Toyota garage, the salesman infact said it was an SR but one of the earlier ones. He did say there very hard to find in standard condition because people have added the other bits and bobs to them.

It's not a black one by any chance is it grayfray!?

Hi Nick sr

Yes, defo says SR on the log book....my son also says...though he could be wrong that the SR's came with a bigger exhaust pipe??

http://www.csautos.piczo.com/?cr=7

I too, think that this is NOT a proper SR! It looks standard, no alloys, which were special to the SR, no boot spoiler, which was the TTE one, the same as the T-Sport, not the standard Toyota one, and no big TTE exhaust, again, same as the T-Sport. Badges also, are missing. Is your one a 1.3? If it is a 1.0, you have deffinately been conned! If you are worried, go to Toyota, they can check with the chassis number and tell you if it is genuine or not. If it is a fake, I would demand my money back or at very least, some of it as you purchased it "In good faith" as an SR and payed the higher premium they command!

My gut instinct is that you have been sold either a standard (or even a so called special edition, with extra's) Yaris or someone has removed the bits and sold them on, although I find this unlikely.

I think I am also correct in saying the proper SR has lowered suspension, over the standard car. This too would be a loss if the car is not genuine as the standard shocks are very cheap items and would almost certainly need replacing at this mileage, if not already done!

Having said all this, I hope I am wrong but it certainly looks suspect and you payed too much for a standard Yaris of this age and mileage! I would have trouble getting that amount for my 30,000 mile, 02 CDX model which was top of the range!

JUST HAD TO ADD, I ALSO THINK THE SR CAME WITH SIDE SKIRTS AS STANDARD, TOO! Please correct me if I am wrong!!

Hi Nick sr

I too, think that this is NOT a proper SR! It looks standard, no alloys, which were special to the SR, no boot spoiler, which was the TTE one, the same as the T-Sport, not the standard Toyota one, and no big TTE exhaust, again, same as the T-Sport. Badges also, are missing. Is your one a 1.3? If it is a 1.0, you have deffinately been conned! If you are worried, go to Toyota, they can check with the chassis number and tell you if it is genuine or not. If it is a fake, I would demand my money back or at very least, some of it as you purchased it "In good faith" as an SR and payed the higher premium they command!

My gut instinct is that you have been sold either a standard (or even a so called special edition, with extra's) Yaris or someone has removed the bits and sold them on, although I find this unlikely.

I think I am also correct in saying the proper SR has lowered suspension, over the standard car. This too would be a loss if the car is not genuine as the standard shocks are very cheap items and would almost certainly need replacing at this mileage, if not already done!

Having said all this, I hope I am wrong but it certainly looks suspect and you payed too much for a standard Yaris of this age and mileage! I would have trouble getting that amount for my 30,000 mile, 02 CDX model which was top of the range!

JUST HAD TO ADD, I ALSO THINK THE SR CAME WITH SIDE SKIRTS AS STANDARD, TOO! Please correct me if I am wrong!!

Thanks for advice guys, it is a 1.3 engine defo SR on the log book, dark blue in colour and the car was advertised in the autotrader for £2799 and I got it for £2600 cash with 13 months Mot and 3 months warranty, I rang Toyaota and asked them to check service stamps and has had recorded service stamps from new to 73000 miles, including a 'major ' or big service at 60000....

I have just been on to Toyota at Wigan and they inform me that all UK import SR's should have as standard

Exhaust trim

spoiler

vvti Badge

sr Badge

15" alloys

lower springs

If mine is not a SR but a standard 1.3 what model is it?? it has elec windows and mirrors and cd player?

Hi Nick sr

Thanks for advice guys, it is a 1.3 engine defo SR on the log book, dark blue in colour and the car was advertised in the autotrader for £2799 and I got it for £2600 cash with 13 months Mot and 3 months warranty, I rang Toyaota and asked them to check service stamps and has had recorded service stamps from new to 73000 miles, including a 'major ' or big service at 60000....

I have just been on to Toyota at Wigan and they inform me that all UK import SR's should have as standard

Exhaust trim

spoiler

vvti Badge

sr Badge

15" alloys

lower springs

If mine is not a SR but a standard 1.3 what model is it?? it has elec windows and mirrors and cd player?

Spoke to someone else here, she says they should have side skirts, too!

You have been conned, my friend! Take it back and demand either a full refund or that they supply and fit ALL the missing parts!

You will struggle to sell it on as anything other then a standard Yaris! Even so called ''special edition's" Are often worth less than the standard car. I have read that dealers often add 1 or 2 extras, slap a sticker on and call them special's as they want to sell them, even though they are not an officially recognised model. This can happen to ANY marque, not just Toyota!!!

Like I said in my post above, this may be a very early edition SR. Mine was an SR on the logbook and each time I've had to put my reg no into a insurance quote site, etc, it has been listed as an SR! Mine had air con, leccy mirrors, cd player, etc, just lacked the external features.

In regards to the suspension, the SR with ALL the features has TTE springs only, no special shocks to my knowledge!

Tecchy heads will be along shortly and should be able to clear it all up!

Mine also has aircon, I have rang the dealer I got it from and he is very helpfull and he is also enquiring with Toyota on Monday, I am sure that the dealer has not tried to con me but if it proves it is not a SR then he will sort out or we will come to some arrangement, so I feel that I dont have any worries there!

I would like to know though if it is a standard 1.3 then will it be a lower ins group than group 5 that the SR is insured in now!

could it be a 1.3 GL or 1.3 CXL or is it just a 1.3 special edition?

Bit more info..the main selling dealer on the first page of the service book underneath where the Vin number colour etc is, when new was

Garage Celis

Hoboken

Belgium

Just googled them website below

http://netnl.toyota.be/dealers/A5F3CA1F-E0...2-006094F96CDD/

I like how it says this is the top of the range model!

Clearly the T SPORT is, and clearly the guy who sold it to you, doesnt have a clue!

Its a colour collection 1.3

Thats what the badge means next to yaris on rear

Is that for definite?

So its just a standard Yaris 1.3 colour collection.

Does anyone know how it states SR on the logbook?

One last question does the price of £2600 seem a fair price?

Yes i believe it is!

Dont really understand why it says SR in log book, could be a mistake/incorrect log book for car?!

Car has quite high miles but what car still says £2450 is what you should have paid!

Yep ... defo not an SR.

This would also affect your insurance as it was a group 5 where-as the CC was a 3 I think?

I would get your money back and save alot of hassle - unless your dealer is prepaired to sort it out for you

It's not an SR but its definitely registered as one - a search comes up with

Y619XRN

TOYOTA YARIS

SR VVT-I

2001 Petrol Manual

Unless it's got incorrect plates on it? Check the vin with the logbook!

Also did you do a background check before you bought the car?

I'd not buy it myself - something doesnt seem quite right about it all!

Sometimes mistakes are made when cars are entered into the DVLA system for the first time. Its easy to get this changed, theres even a section in your V5 for using to get incorrect details changed.

Baby yari, did you even look at the pictures? Its badged as a colour collection, why anyone would strip the alloys spoiler and exhaust and springs from an SR and the badges and rebadge it as a colour collection??

Also, i cant believe that the early SR's ever came without the alloys and spoiler, springs or exhaust, thats what makes it an SR!!!

Just cos it says it on the logbook doesnt mean its true, the DVLA make more mistakes than you would believe, ive had to get a couple of V5s of my own amended cos they got details wrong!

doesnt the sr have a different back bumper too? iv looked at a few sr's and they have a different bumper from the normal yaris. more kind of square with 2 kind of pannels on it. where the yaris bumper is all flush. ill get a pick of my bumper to show you.

It's not an SR but its definitely registered as one - a search comes up with

Y619XRN

TOYOTA YARIS

SR VVT-I

2001 Petrol Manual

Unless it's got incorrect plates on it? Check the vin with the logbook!

Also did you do a background check before you bought the car?

I'd not buy it myself - something doesnt seem quite right about it all!

Hi all, Yes, HPI check has been done, car has come from Toyota supplier from a part exchange, then sold to the garage I bought it from! only one owner from new.... A Toyota dealership manager today in Manchester, he has stated that all imported SR's from Belgium do not come with the spoiler ,alloys, etc as they were all optional and but mine is a SR!!!!

On checking insurance websites out, when I am inputting car details 'Y'2001 1.3 Yaris - 3 door - manual gearbox...PAS - Air con etc then there are no other options but to pick the SR...therefore I am coming to the conclusion that mine is a Belgium import SR but without the spoiler etc.....

Sometimes mistakes are made when cars are entered into the DVLA system for the first time. Its easy to get this changed, theres even a section in your V5 for using to get incorrect details changed.

Baby yari, did you even look at the pictures? Its badged as a colour collection, why anyone would strip the alloys spoiler and exhaust and springs from an SR and the badges and rebadge it as a colour collection??

Also, i cant believe that the early SR's ever came without the alloys and spoiler, springs or exhaust, thats what makes it an SR!!!

Just cos it says it on the logbook doesnt mean its true, the DVLA make more mistakes than you would believe, ive had to get a couple of V5s of my own amended cos they got details wrong!

I must admit I didn't even notice the pics!!! I think you'll also find that I said the complete opposite to what you have said above! I didn't say they would strip SR's down for the bits, I said they would add them on to car's with out them! :P

I wonder if mine was the same then?? Just found the Badge it had on it when I bought it and it has got a picture of a moon and some stars with 'linea luna' written underneath!!! Proper random!

The Badge next to the 'YARIS' Badge means its an import not Colour collection. It also has AYGO trims fitted.

Mart.

The badge next to the 'YARIS' badge means its an import not Colour collection. It also has AYGO trims fitted.

Mart.

Hmmm :rolleyes:

All the old yari were built in Japan - and as far as im aware there was the Echo and Vitz.

Okay different countries would have different specs under the same name - but then the car has been registered in the UK for its UK plates, so unless you have the full history of the car it's difficult to find out

I would phone the DVLA up and see what's going on TBH or phone toyota and give them you VIN number and see what they come up with and how they can help

The badge next to the 'YARIS' badge means its an import not Colour collection. It also has AYGO trims fitted.

Mart.

I would phone the DVLA up and see what's going on TBH or phone toyota and give them you VIN number and see what they come up with and how they can help

Doesn't the HPI check come from the DVLA??

Mart.

Hmmm :rolleyes:

All the old yari were built in Japan - and as far as im aware there was the Echo and Vitz.

Okay different countries would have different specs under the same name - but then the car has been registered in the UK for its UK plates, so unless you have the full history of the car it's difficult to find out

I have phoned two Toyota dealers and gave them the Vin number ( it starts with a J..I have read that this means it was built in Japan??) both have said it is showing as a SR and a belgium import when imported new in 2001, but they were sure that it should have all the SR stuff on it, spoiler and alloys exhaust trim.

Is the SR engine just the same as a standard 1.3 engine?

From all the answers and opinions I am getting it is looking that it is a SR without the extras!

Mine also has aircon, I have rang the dealer I got it from and he is very helpfull and he is also enquiring with Toyota on Monday, I am sure that the dealer has not tried to con me but if it proves it is not a SR then he will sort out or we will come to some arrangement, so I feel that I dont have any worries there!

I would like to know though if it is a standard 1.3 then will it be a lower ins group than group 5 that the SR is insured in now!

could it be a 1.3 GL or 1.3 CXL or is it just a 1.3 special edition?

Bit more info..the main selling dealer on the first page of the service book underneath where the Vin number colour etc is, when new was

Garage Celis

Hoboken

Belgium

Just googled them website below

http://netnl.toyota.be/dealers/A5F3CA1F-E0...2-006094F96CDD/

I wonder if mine was the same then?? Just found the badge it had on it when I bought it and it has got a picture of a moon and some stars with 'linea luna' written underneath!!! Proper random!

My other half is from Belgium - one of our Yarii is from there too - they do have different specs over there, well I mean spec names. They do have linea and linea sol (cant remember the other ones they have now). I know that the "Blue" special edition as it is called over here is called "Blue Line" over there etc. Looking at the last two digits of the registration plate on yours -RN means that the car was registered in Preston, which I dont think is hours away from your area - I'm not local though so excuse my ignorance if it is far.

It does sound all fine to me - our T-Sport didn't come with a spoiler as standard, yet they do over here and also doesn't have a T-Sport Badge on it's rear either. But it is definately a proper T-sport otherwise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links