Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Problems With 98 Avensis Gs

Jonathanpaul

Can I get a bit of help with thia problem please!

I have a 98 Avensis GS and at present the alarm will not stop going off and its really loud! Unlocking the doors with the remote key doesn't stop it or starting the car or pretty much anything else so I've removed the DOME fuse from the engine fuse box to stop it but haven't drove the car with the fuse out yet.

What are my options would you suggest?

Disconnect alarm (how do you do it? where is the siren?)?

Leave fuse out permanantly (what does dome fuse do anyway?)?

Get another alarm unit (second hand or new?)?

Drive round like the Sweeney with the alarm going?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Paul.

Can't tell you how to solve this one, sorry.

I have a 98 GS estate that did exactly the same thing. I ended up disconneting the wires from the siren (it's under where the washer tube spillls ??? ie where all the water drops when you fill it up.) so at least the siren didn't go off. Still get mad light displays and the emobiliser still works but at least the neighbours are still talking to me. I found that the circuit board in the siren had burnt out even though there were no signs of corrosion. I think this may be a common problem with what is otherwise a !Removed! good motor.

Can't tell you how to solve this one, sorry.

I have a 98 GS estate that did exactly the same thing. I ended up disconneting the wires from the siren (it's under where the washer tube spillls ??? ie where all the water drops when you fill it up.) so at least the siren didn't go off. Still get mad light displays and the emobiliser still works but at least the neighbours are still talking to me. I found that the circuit board in the siren had burnt out even though there were no signs of corrosion. I think this may be a common problem with what is otherwise a !Removed! good motor.

and you are from my home City too. It's a small world hey! Come on the Bluebirds!!!!

Had the same prob with my 99 avensis. In the end removed the black connectors by the windscreen wash that go into the wing and taped them up to stop water getting in = since then a peacefull life has returned.

Most be toyota's as one of my neighbours has a hilux surf and that is still going off at all times of day and night !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links