Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Bearings On A T-sport Import

Nick T sport

Hi guys

I have a T-sport Import (2002) and it needs new wheel bearings on the front drivers side. Can anyone tell me if the front wheel bearing kit for the T-sport UK will fit my T-sport import or will I need to source the part from Japan itself?

Any ideas would be appreciated as I have tried searching the forums and google with no luck so far. Even nationwideauto centre said they didn't know until they try and fit UK bearings kit on it. Obviously I dont want to do that as they want at least £120-180. I would like to get the right part first and just pay for £30/40 labour at a cheap local garage.

Cheers

Nick :)

The UK version is built in Japan anyway, so I doubt theres many differences between them.

You could ask at your local toyota dealership someone may know, or perhaps toyota customer services.

Just a quick update: Payless carparts on eBay have said it is a different part to the Uk Yaris and have quoted £49.99 inc VAT and p&p for the part.

Been pulling my hair out today lol.

After ringing up payless carparts I thought I would ring up a few motor factors in the Southend area to get some prices and to confirm it is an import part I need. Well what happened next could not be predicted.....One company said that they did not know but they had an import and a UK part for the front wheel bearing. Next one said he was pretty sure but not 100% that it was an import part. Another said that my PCN(chasis type) was the same as a UK one so a UK one should do the job.Next thing I tried was Toyota through their technical department but they did not want to know as I am not a dealer! So fair enough I ring Mr.T in Rayleigh and he has no idea and said that ringing the Toyota Technical Department would not provide the answer either.

So what do you reckon I should do now Guys?

I have had Uk break pads in past but an import clutch kit on the car. Do I take the risk with an import part and hope for the best? Or do I take it to a local garage and explain the situation and hope they dont take advantage of my position?

Any ideas on my situation or where to take it in Southend would be well appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

P.S. Just had a look at my conformity certificate it says manufactuers address is in belgium and I imported it from Denmark.

If you rang toyota customer services they may know someone else you could get in touch with.

Ask payless carparts if they would offer a refund if the item didn't fit, or find someone who will.

Either that or see if the guys at envy may know.

I doubt toyota would mess about too much as it would cost them a lot in the long run having different parts for the same car.

Send a message to 'kaizen' if he's on these forums, he may know as he knows quite a few technical bits & bobs.

Hiya mate, good to see another Essex-er around on the boards :)

I'll see what my other half says as our T-Sport is Belgian registered, but made in Japan and he does all the work on it himself so I'll see what advice he can give.

I'd presume it would be the same seeing as they are made in the same country, but it's always good to double check.

PS: I wouldnt recommend Lookers Rayleigh, they couldn't sort out a prob with a growly engine on the Blue when it's air-con was on. Then it started to be there all the time even when the air-con was off, Rayleigh tightened up a belt on it when it went in under warranty - that was it. Was passing by Romford one day, took it in there and within 10 mins they'd taken it round the back, had a listen, knew what the problem was (broken clutch on the air-con unit), said it was a known problem, said they'd order a new one and call me to arrange later that day. They did just that, the work was done within 3/4 hours of it being dropped there and has been fine since. I know it's a bit more of a trek up the A127 from you - but I'd never go to Rayleigh again, not after everything else I've experienced with them either.

Hi armoredfist2002 and thanks for the helpful advice again its much appreciated :)

and Hi blue84 I would appreciate that if you could ask your other half. In the past I have had Uk break pads but I think the clutch kit I got a couple of years ago was an import one (not 100% sure). What I do know is that both the UK Yaris and Jap Yaris(vitz) both have the same chasis(NCP13).

Yes the less said about Lookers Rayleighthe better.I had problems with my gear bearings last year and they said it was my release bearing on my clutch!

Thanks again to both of you. Will keep you all updated on what happens with the ts

Hi,

they're the same on all Japanese built Yaris/Vitz. There's a part up to -and including- December 2002 and a different one from January 2003 onwards.

• bearing -2003: 90369-38022
  • bearing 2003-: 90369-38021
  • snap ring -2003:90521-77001
  • snap ring 2003-: 90521-77001

Bearings and rings are the same for LH-side or RH-side.

Oh, yeah, don't go near that bunch of utter useless, retarded wallies at Lookers, Rayleigh. :ffs:

Maybe try Westfield Motors at Rawreth for a place closer to you?

YMH.

^^ There you go, I got him to personally reply to you haha.

Forgot to mention about Westfield Motors actually - do you know whereabouts Makro is? If you do it's on that road, which Makro is off of too - they've serviced our Blue twice and MOT'ed the Cressida aswell. Good service, decent prices and they actually know what they are talking about too.

Hi guys thank you to the both you (sorry for the late reply)

I decided in the end to take it to the guys at Formula1 autocentre in southend for £88 all in as they beat any local quote. Saw them doing the job and it was done it 45minutes and it was a UK part.

So no worries now when my bro puts some new rear pads on the ts in a couple of months cos the poor things are 80% worn now after being on the car since new, 5 and 1/2 years ago lol.

Also I might be cheeky and ask him to put a tutorial up on replacing pads as he did one a couple of years ago for modding my air box, its still on the yairs forums under useful how to's and information bit I think.

Thanks again guys and thanks to everyone on here who has helped me.