Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Power Is The Gen 1 3s-ge?

CarinaII

As above really, the gen 1 with the T Vis system. I cant seem to get a clear figure anywhere. I've read of quotes from anywhere between 135 to 150 hp.

? I thought that engine came in with the Gen 4 car? (86>89) if so.. 145hp i about all it chuffs out.

I may be completly wrong though!

It is the engine that came with it, i was just wondering what power it was, thats all. I know the rev 2 is 155hp, the rev 3 173 and the rev 4 is 200, but there isn't much info on the rev one, and i dont wish to speak badly about you marko, but i'm sure the rev 1 it isn't 158 bhp

It is the engine that came with it, i was just wondering what power it was, thats all. I know the rev 2 is 155hp, the rev 3 173 and the rev 4 is 200, but there isn't much info on the rev one, and i dont wish to speak badly about you marko, but i'm sure the rev 1 it isn't 158 bhp

it depends where you read etc, the rev1 ( MR2s used the revisons not any other model) is the same engine as rev2, the rev3+ has always been quoted around the 170-180 mark and the 200bhp your on about is the rare beams VVti engine.

the GEN 1(not rev1) comes in 2 power levels ( according to the following link)

heres a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_3S-GE#Gen_1

sorry mr marko sir but yer getting muxed ip with mr2 codes there, just because people say rev it doesnt mean its refering to an MR2 engine.

the engines are also known as a rev1, 2 or 3 depending who you are. Some call them gen 1, 2 3 etc as you say, but as our celicas are often refered to as "gens" for the different shapes, we tend to refer to the engines as "revs." or I do anyway :lol:

rev1 3S-GE was in celica gen 4 ST162, 147 BHP. 1985-90 ish

rev2 3S-GE was in celica gen 5 ST182, 158-154 BHP (depending if catted or not). 1990-1994 ish

rev3 3S-GE was in celica gen 6, ST202 172-168 BHP (depending on emissions crap) 1994-1999 ish

if you think of it in na MR2 talk (even though were on the celica forum here) it goes:

rev1, 2 used gen2 3S-GE

rev3 and newer used gen3 3S-GE

The 147 BHP is the most common figure I've seen quoted for the UK ST162, although it does vary as you say.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links