Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Heater Not Working

mends-rees

help me please ive an St 185. The heater will not blow any warm air and its very cold when driving, also the windscreen barely cleares which can be a bit dangerous

Hello

It could be your heater matrix has gone the part is cheap about £40 pounds from fensport but the job is quite expensive as the whole dash has to be removed i belive :(

Hello

It could be your heater matrix has gone the part is cheap about £40 pounds from fensport but the job is quite expensive as the whole dash has to be removed i belive :(

Thanks for that,

any idea where it is located and how do i fault find it

Hello

Thanks for that,

any idea where it is located and how do i fault find it

I had that prob when bought my car,sh**s i bought it off had put rad weld into stop a leak but it blocked the matrix. Don't know bout your car but in mine the dash didn't need to come out,pulled out the glove box and they could get to it by dropping the fan motor. Got the matrix unblocked then.

as above to remove and replace if it's gubbed but generally if it's gubbed your passenger side floor would be soaked and you would be quickly running out of coolant, there is a valve at the firewall in the engine bay, unhook the cables and move it as far in the oposite direction as you can to see if it's the controls that are the problem.

either that or to see if it is the controls with the engine running switch it to full heat and note the position of the valve then full cold and see if it moves then use the quick fix above untill you get it sorted.

p.s. the valve is where the coolant pipes go through the firewall on the passenger side

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links