Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Low Is My Car

ollygt4

Hi

I am looking in to getting some new suspension but just need to know how low mine rufley is. attached is a pic of my car i want to go either standard or 30mm low as i think mine is about 80mm low. when i push down on any of the corners i get no bounce dose this mean my shocks have gone or could it be because my bump stops are touching my shocks any help would be greatly appreciated

olly

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2032...mp;id=877655120

Hi

I am looking in to getting some new suspension but just need to know how low mine rufley is. attached is a pic of my car i want to go either standard or 30mm low as i think mine is about 80mm low. when i push down on any of the corners i get no bounce dose this mean my shocks have gone or could it be because my bump stops are touching my shocks any help would be greatly appreciated

olly

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2032...mp;id=877655120

Looks like it's about 35 - 40 mm lower. If you've just got lowering springs fitted, it could be the shocks are at or very close to the limit of their travel on compression. Uprated, shorter stroke shocks with a smaller body will cure that along with removing or better still cutting down the bump stops. Ideally matched springs and shocks (Uprated) would be the best bet.

30mm is usually more than enough to lower it as any lower will put more strain on CV joints as they will be deflecting more than they were designed to.

Here's some pics of mine

17s and standard springs.

3September2004.jpg

16s and 30mm lower springs

Celi600x450.jpg

Hope that helps.

caredit.jpg

DSCF4887.jpg

DSCF4313.jpg

17's and lowered 30mm on Eibach's

sorry for the number of pic's but it's been a while since i've looked at the pic's of the old four and love them all lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links