Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lamp Bulb Replacement.....

SMiFFAD

One of my fog bulbs has packed up....had a look at the weekend but i cant find a way of getting to the bulb from the back short of removing the arch liner etc, so am guessing there is an easier way from the front?

Anyone care to impart information on this? :D

:help: *again* :thumbsup:

I've tried to get in from the front and I don't think it can be done.... however I think you can drop the tray out from under the front bumper and get into it from there without touching the wheel arch liner...thats the route I'm taking this weekend.....

Tried the lill screws......one dissapeared off in the wrong direction....so think i may have to get the whole thing out and beat it!

lol......

I was changing my headlight bulbs this morning and dropped two screw into oblivion. God Dam !

Why can't the MR2 be made easier to work with ?? I mean.. taking the dash out to change the stereo.. lol.

you can get in from the front mate... there should be two little screws... or so the manual says so.

I had to drill the two front screws (one in each light) out cos they had rusted.....but the front didn't budge a millimetre.........I think it'll be a piece of p :censor: s to get at from the back.........if you can get to them

lol......

I was changing my headlight bulbs this morning and dropped two screw into oblivion. God Dam !

Why can't the MR2 be made easier to work with ?? I mean.. taking the dash out to change the stereo.. lol.

Compared to my sx changing the stereos easy.....nissan decided to make the dash and stereo cradle one bit....so the whole lot had to come out.....then you had to try and get all the cables back in a tiny space..... :ffs:

Eh....why ?

Not the whole dash....surely you just mean the bit the stereo is sat in.......mine just clips off :huh:

the whole dash surround needs to come off...

Maybe if you had a cage you wouldn't need to... but I've just bolted the actual stereo to the insides of the car. I left the cage in my old megane... DOH !

Well, i can safly say i think they are inpenatrable! :wacko:

Had the car on a ramp at the weekend, took the under tray off, couldnt see a way in from the back, seems to be sealed.... still cant see a way in through the front :angry:

Has anyone ever managed to change a bulb yet? Sure i must be missing something obvious :)

They really are a pain to get out aren't they?

I've tried and have given up for a bit.

Apparently most people have to drill them out - be careful the drill doesn't slip and scrape your bumper though...

jimlad did you just say youve bolted youre stereo in cos you left the old cage in a megane? why? you can buy another cage cheap enough saves !Removed! about bolting stuff

MR2's arent that hard to work on you just need patience

and a molotov cocktail

it's simply connected straight to the facia adapter as apposed to any cage etc....

screwed directly to the stereo... not bolted straight to the car or anything... lol.

Iv'e had them on and off several times....ONLY way is via the 2 screws on top of them holding them to the car. 9 times out of 10 the are rusted and CRAP and you have to drill them out and/or break one of the to plastic bits holding them in. The spot bulbs are easy to change etc once there off the car....they just un-plug and clip out from memory. I never looked for aftermarket bulbs...just changed them from orange to white :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2