Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Stereo Help!? Is Standard Matsu*****a?

nim23

As above I need to know if the standard stereo is built by Matsushi ta (one word but the filter dont like it!)?? If so then I have found a supplier of stalk adaptors for aftermarket headunits

Cheers

Nick

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chenks

• nim23

• sheriff

• der-alph

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea! :lol:

Try Parts King!!

Let us know the outcome if it is and these adaptors will work! :thumbsup:

i assume he is talking about a convertor that allows you to use the steering controls on an aftermarket head-unit, as currently there are none available.

yeah thats what i meant... sometmes they are listed as a stalk adaptor instead...

ive ordered mine today and its meant to be general toyota one that works with cars that use a Matsushi ta/Panasonic stereo as standard...

I think they work with all headunits, you buy an adaptor for the car, then an adaptor for the stereo, they both plug into each other...

There is a company called connects2 which is easily found on the net... you wont find the parts by looking through the website, you have to actually type in corolla into the websites search engine, then the steering wheel adaptor comes up... the headunit adaptor (for my alpine anyway) isnt yet listed on the site buy they sell it...

If you fancy ordering the part number for the adaptor is:

CTSTY0001

and for alpine headunit it is:

CTALPINELEAD

BUT I would suggest waiting till ive actually got mine fitted, as im still skepical about it, ill have it by the end of next week...

Also note that you cannot order from connects2 direct, you have to se a retailer, who I will guarentee wont have the parts listed on their websites, so it will be a special order job...

Nick

i see.

i would need one for a sony unit.

so who are you ordering yours from if you cant buy direct from connects2 ?

are they listed on that website? i've had a look, and using the search, it brought up no results for those part numbers.

There is a company called connects2 which is easily found on the net... you wont find the parts by looking through the website, you have to actually type in corolla into the websites search engine, then the steering wheel adaptor comes up... the headunit adaptor (for my alpine anyway) isnt yet listed on the site buy they sell it...
Also note that you cannot order from connects2 direct, you have to se a retailer, who I will guarentee wont have the parts listed on their websites, so it will be a special order job...

right... so you've ordered these items from caraudiosecurity, but the items aren't on their website, so there is no way to find them.

i assume you contacted them direct them? strange that they don't advertise these items, as i'm sure they would have many people buying them.

they're also not mentioned anywhere on the connects2 website.

how did you come across the fact that caraudiosecurity had these items. was it a lucky google search ?

if you type in CTSTY001 in the search on connects2 website if finds it, but not the other one...

I noticed on the car audio security website that they sold connects2 stuff, which must mean they are a retailer of their products...

I originally emailed connects2 asking them if they make any bits for the corolla steering unit, and that is what they replied to me with...

you will need to find out if you stereo can take an external remote, if it does then your good to go, or you could always buy the specific sony one, whihc im sure they probably make...

Alpine dont seem to make them, and only some of the units have an input for a steering wheel remote, i guess im lucky, coz i only just checked to see if mine does! and it does...

my sony headunit has the jack port on the back for connecting a stalk adaptor. i'm sure i've seen a connects2 cable for it.

any update no this ?

i emailed caraudiodirect (as well as caraudiosecurity) and quoted them the part numbers, and they came back with this reply

I am afraid we do not have any interfaces available for Toyota stalk controls, sorry we cannot help.

Hi there,

Just about to fit my aftermatket stereo (kenwood) and I too wanted to keep the steering wheels controls . . . and you can! the part you need cost 4.99 from Halfords, they had a shelf full of sony, kenwood etc etc adapters leads!

Hope this helps, just gotta fit it all this afternoon now!

ah. . . it seems this lead needs an interface to the stereo, which you then plug the lead into!

It is an autoleads part, and presume it is their version of the connects2 interface.

Halfords, yet again dont know what they're on about! Need to find the other half of the autoleads interface now, so back to square one! Oh well

ah. . . it seems this lead needs an interface to the stereo, which you then plug the lead into!

It is an autoleads part, and presume it is their version of the connects2 interface.

Halfords, yet again dont know what they're on about! Need to find the other half of the autoleads interface now, so back to square one! Oh well

you'll find that autoleads don't do one... hence why no-one has been able to use stalk controls on a toyota.

the OP in this thread has found a Connects2 product, but as of yet we don't know if it actually works.