Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Stereo Help!? Is Standard Matsu*****a?

nim23

Chenks - the parts listed by connects2 will not be on car audio security's list as they do not stock them, but if you say "can you get them from connects2 as you are a supplier of their products" they will be able to get them in... This is what I have done, and they rang connects2 and ordered them for me..

I am still awaiting on the parts as they had to be sent from connects2 to the company first, and then off to me, but I will be ringing them tmro for an update anyway, should be here by friday..!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chenks

• nim23

• sheriff

• der-alph

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, that link given above is the same one... and it looks like its slightly cheaper than what i paid!... nevermind ;-)

let's hope it works.. it would be a major disappointment if it didn't

caraudiodirect weren't very helpfull at all... i emailed them the part number and asked them to check if it was the correct part. they wouldn't even check with connects2, just gave a "there is no such thing" type of answer.

Only deal with these companies over the phone... Im pretty sure they get hundreds of emails a day saying things like "Will these Speakers fit my car" etc etc... so they dont really take email seriously... Unfortunately...!

Just ordered connects2 parts from local auto-parts shop, much more helpful than Halfords who wouldnt even ring connects2!

Stalk adapter and kenwood interface came to £28.79 in total, then £7 for next day delivery.

Should be here tomorrow, fingers crossed they'll work!

received the parts, but had the wrong connector for the steering interface! DOH!

Taking the steering wheel apart to see which wires go where and hopefully have some luck!!!

did it not come with the various different connectors (as per the image on that website) ?

i think mine looks like the plug on the far right.

In that picture the connector on the left is incorrect, I dont know whether this might be different for the facelift cars but on mine the connector is twice the size!

I looked at the wires from the steering remote but none of them corresponded to the ones in the stereo connector! So now it'l lbe a case of guess work, theres only 3 wires that need ot be connected!

Trying to find a wiring diagram but toyota don't seem to want to give any details like that out - GRR!

Oh well, if I can sort this out then everyone will be able to use their steering remotes with aftermarket headunits!

Spread the word! We need wiring diagrams!!!! haha

i'll check mine tonight (it's been hanging loose since i replaced the headunit), but i'm sure it's the one on the right for mine (facelift).

If it does look like the correct one could you post a pic of your connector? it may help me figure out which wires go where!

The far right and center connectors fit (for stereo power and speakers) just that cheeky block connector for the steering remote that doesnt! ARGH!

sheriff do you drive a facelift or a prefacelift? can you please make pictures of the connector and your wires?

im searching for years for a connector. i know alpine or kennwod have one for the facelift but nothing for the prefacelift...

have just phoned that shop and the CTSTY001 is not listed as being for corolla on connects2 part list, only yaris.

just gonna give connects2 a ring just now.

phoned Connects2.. details as follows....

CTSTY001 is listed for Corolla on their newly updated catalogue.

as long as it matches the following... post 2001 Avenis, Yaris, Corolla, RAV4 and had a matsu*****a headunit.

could it be they have sent me the yaris one?

hmm. . . the guy who ordered the parts for me rang connects2 and was told that is the only one they do for a corolla. this is getting confusing now!

from what the woman at connects2 told me, it's the same part and just compatible with all the models.

she wasn't able to give me what plug layout over the phone though as i asked her what it looked like.

ok, well if you cud post a picture of your connector (im having difficulty attaching photos at the moment!!) we can see whether pre-facelft (mine) and facelift connectors are the same.

I wouldnt be suprised if they were different! :wacko:

hey pretty cool... i had a matsu headunit.. can you tell me were to buy the ctsy001? i live in germany... so no local car audio store couls order uk parts

the part is now listed on the connects2 website

CTSTY001 - Connects 2 Stalk Adapter

Toyota Verso/Auris/Corolla/Rav4/Avensis/Yaris Hatch/Yaris Sedan

All Models With Stalk Controls

only 1 person has the actual part so far (it seems)... but according to Connects2 it will work.

My bits were delivered, but i wasnt in so i gotta go to the depot tmro to get them!!

So we will know soon...

Sheriff - if you asked for CTSTY001 then you wont have a wrong connector, but if it is true that pre facelift and facelift have different connectors then this could be our problem... we will soon find out...

For the stereo connector you will need a wide and thin plug (make sence?)

Chenks - the adaptor has always been listed on the connects2 website? but only if CTSTY001 was put into the search engine that is...

Oh and FYI my standard stereo in my 52 corolla is a Matsu*****a... So if it doesn't work ill be very suprised, and ill be straight on the phone!!

ah right..

the woman i spoke to on the phone at connects2 was quite helpfull. she mentioned that the part previously only mentioned yaris and avensis, but very recently corolla and rav4 had been added to it.

she did say that according to her list it should work on all post-2001 models that had a matsu*****a headunit as standard.

ok here's a pic of the connector that is currently not used in my facelift (i assume this is the one that is used for stalk controls). the other 2 original connectors are now connected to the ISO convertor (you can see them just behind the loose one)

Image075.jpg