Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Stereo Help!? Is Standard Matsu*****a?

nim23

Chenks you will be ok, ive just had my stereo out and the pre facelift model uses a different connector... So i gotta send mine back...

020908160206.jpg

Not happy..!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chenks

• nim23

• sheriff

• der-alph

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do, but I think I over paid for it all... And i obviously want the same cash back...

I paid £60 for the connector, an alpine lead connector and postage... I assume you dont need the alpine connector??

eeesh... you were fleeced there.

the connector is only £15+vat direct from connects2 (£25 inc VAT by the time a reseller adds his profit to it).

its only a tenner over altogether...

£35 for the connector, £15 for the alpine lead and then £10 postage... Id expect to pay £50 for it all if I knew I could have got them elsewhere...!!

ah right.. thought you had paid £60 just for the CTSTY001.

i'll just get mine from an online store. £24.99 for the CTSTY001 and £2.49 for the sony lead, £7.50 delivery (a bit expensive there!).... total £34.98

stecker.jpg

the connector only uses these 3 pins marked in the picture? isn't there a chance to figure out the colores of the connected ones? maybee, its is possible to connect the three pins directly to the matching colored wires in the large connector of the prefacelift.

p.s. please excuse my english...

if anyone needs to know which coloured wire are in which position, then i can go and double-check.

Cheers chenks...! i was thinking about this yesterday, i think i may do this if i get no luck with another adaptor...

as it's only 3 wires... even a "trial and error" process will be very quick to get it working i think.

just snip the connectors off and bond the wires together with cable connectors.

there is a red and a green in the prefacelift connector.. can't see the grey one but its 2 out of 3 pretty good to start with

edit: here is an old picture of the prefacelift connector

steckerradio2oq.jpg

well times like this you need an electrician in the house *cough cough* :)

right im a bit lost here, in the facelift if we want to use steering controls on aftermarket cd player we have to get stalk adapter.

stalk adapter plugs into back off new cd player right, so the other end of this stalk adapter plugs into the block connector that goes to the steering wheel controls and is this the point shown in the pics ? ?

some through crimps should sort conecting the wires together

a cable plugs into the remote socket on headunit.. .this then plugs into a box.

another cable comes out of that box and plugs into the block connector that goes to the steering wheel.

in a facelift this is alright.

however on the pre-facelift the block connecter is a different shape and size.

looking at the image above (pre-facelift) it looks like the 3 thick wires are the one you need to work on. the other thin ones i think were for the MPG data etc.

typical they would change something so trivial as a stereo connector in the facelift model :P

I took the steering wheel connector off and it has a yellow, red, green and brown wire coming out of it - of course none of these correspond to the wires in the connector at the back of the stereo!

Has anyone had any luck with hi-jacking the pre-facelift connector?

ah most useful!!! thankyou

I have only had my car a few weeks and didnt fancy ripping the steering column off!!

I reckon the three magic wires could be the red, green, and the black and white wire next to it. Im off to get some clip-on connectors and try it out! Of course this will be trial and error, dont take my word for it!

For the facelift model drivers, how well does it interface with your stereos? Was it worth it?

car audio security is great live about 20 mins away from there. Honestly the are great with sounds they have the most quality subwoofer stuff no other company sells brand new like them for their prices. A proper place to buy car audio. Down my area people are ice crazy not like big subwoofers etc but quality subwoofers like jl audio orion so we know the stuff. My whole car audio will have parts from them iv picked up a kicker and a directed amp from them. Give them a call as the guys there have contacts to get hold of near enough anything for car audio.

I have had no luck with trying to match up the wires in the connector :(

Possibly the steering wheel remote is wired differently? Anyone with a facelift model willing to have a look?