Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Stereo Help!? Is Standard Matsu*****a?

nim23

Well i sent my stuff back to car audio security as it didnt fit and it was too expensive...

Im still awaiting the refund... And it was a huge task to get them to actually take it back...!!

If this wiring is managed by someone then ill buy another connector from the other previous link ;-)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chenks

• nim23

• sheriff

• der-alph

Top Posters In This Topic

installed - working perfectly.

Can you please post a summary of what you got exactly as this thread got slightly confusing!?! :lol: Then perhaps someone with a pre-facelift can do the same....

basically i ordered the CTSTY001 and the CTSONYLEAD.

the CTSTY001 is basically an ISO convertor with an extra plug on it.

you connect all 3 of the original toyota plugs into it, there is a little black box in the middle, and you then connect the cable for your headunit (in my case the CTSONYLEAD) into the black box.

the other end of the cable has the usual 2 ISO plugs, these go into your headunit.

that's all there is to it really... about 2 mins installation job.

probably not a very good description, and i should have taken some pics, but it's all installed now and i can't really be assed taking it all back out again.

Late reply for pre-facelift cars! Been busy at uni!

Ordered the same parts as above, only a kenwood adapter lead not sony. However, the prefacelift models have a different connector and therefore it is not a straight forward fitting :(

Chenks, did your sony lead have a connector for your stereo and also a single brown lead? I didnt get any instructions for this part and dont know whether it is needed? As there doesnt ssem to be anywhere to connect this lead to, possibly a power lead??!!?

As yet I havent got the steering remote working, anyone else had any luck?

my sony lead was a simple jack plug on one end (connect to headunit) and the mutliplug on other end (plugs into black box)

Late reply for pre-facelift cars! Been busy at uni!

Ordered the same parts as above, only a kenwood adapter lead not sony. However, the prefacelift models have a different connector and therefore it is not a straight forward fitting :(

Chenks, did your sony lead have a connector for your stereo and also a single brown lead? I didnt get any instructions for this part and dont know whether it is needed? As there doesnt ssem to be anywhere to connect this lead to, possibly a power lead??!!?

As yet I havent got the steering remote working, anyone else had any luck?

Ive already had this problem which i mentioned over page..! ;-)

Hmm... Just read through the whole topic.

And gatherd that it isn't posible to have the stering remote working on a 03 TS.

But I was just wondering if maybe an aftermarket Panasonic unit could do the trick. Or maybe they could supply an ada¨ptor which would solve the problem???

Anybody tried this path??

Chencks.. Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the rear of your stock radio??

i don't have the stock radio, i am using sony after market.

if i was using the stock radio i wouldn't have needed to use the stalk adapator.

I gatherd that..

But did you bin the original radio?? Or do you have it on a shelf somewhere so you could take a picture of it??

And what a fast reply :)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update...

It is NOT possible to convert a facelift interface to work with pre facelift TS.

Have a good friend who is a Toyota Technician. And we had the schematics, and works totally different then the facelift. Even tried with the Pioneer stalk adaptor but no luck :-(

The way the remote works is by dropping the electrical current by a few millivolt's.

The conclusion is that the only way to get it working is to get a remote from a facelift and fit it instead. Danish cost price for the remote is 320£ + vat + Toyota markup :-(

Just for info the two wires which control the remote is the red and green one in the harness.

Im trying a last ditch effort to contact both Panasonic directly both Europe/Us amd Japan.....

• 4 weeks later...
Latest update...

It is NOT possible to convert a facelift interface to work with pre facelift TS.

Have a good friend who is a Toyota Technician. And we had the schematics, and works totally different then the facelift. Even tried with the Pioneer stalk adaptor but no luck :-(

The way the remote works is by dropping the electrical current by a few millivolt's.

The conclusion is that the only way to get it working is to get a remote from a facelift and fit it instead. Danish cost price for the remote is 320£ + vat + Toyota markup :-(

Just for info the two wires which control the remote is the red and green one in the harness.

Im trying a last ditch effort to contact both Panasonic directly both Europe/Us amd Japan.....

i got the wiring diagram and had a look. the interfaces appear the same to me, just the connectors are different. both work on a 3 wire system with a potential divider on them. if you use scotch locks i bet you can use the interface on a prefacelift car.

no, it wont work, because the signal send through the wires are different from pre facelift to facelift

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I have a pre face lift model that I tried to interface with the adaptors and so on, and I have given up on it!

If anyone is interested I'm getting rid on eBay, anyone with a facelift model interested?

Coincidentally, getting rid of my t-sport :( will be very very sad to c it go :( :( :( but enjoyed every minute of lift :)

• 11 years later...
On 2/9/2008 at 6:21 PM, nim23 said:

Chenks you will be ok, ive just had my stereo out and the pre facelift model uses a different connector... So i gotta send mine back...

020908160206.jpg

Not happy..!

Hello! Sorry about picking up a veryvery old topic, but I didn't find help anywhere else. I bought a android radio from Aliexpress and it came with same steering wheel connector as in picture. My car is 2004 Corolla so it have same connector as in picture upper one. Does anyone solve this problem to get SWC work in prefacelift Corolla?