Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Distributor Types For 3s-ge

markieb

hi all im a newbie

i recently brought an engine as my old one blew up to a radiator leak the garage fitted everything up to it except the distributor they said it was the wrong one for that engine as the engine was firing on piston 3 instead of piston 1 ive gone out and brought another distributor but that one is wrong aswell

its begining to become very expensive.i asked smr motors/mdkl motors(the guys who sold me the engine)and asked them which engine type it was they said that it was a bare block 3sge but didnt know what distributor came off it and said there was 3 types it could be but didnt know what the part codes where.i went into toyota itself and they were no use i gave them the engine code and they said they needed the chasis and registration number of the vehicle the engine came from i asked them to check which type of distributor it was as i have 2 of the three but dont know the part code of the third type and they said it could be any?so really im stuck at the moment as the car has cost me £3000 for a car,radiator,clutch and engine for a 1991 j reg celica but she will be worth it when fixed up

does anyone know what the third distributor part number would be?im asking here because you guys seem to have more knowledge than toyota itself

the part numbers i already have is

19100-88363 with a black Badge

19100-88460 with a turquoise Badge

or if this isnt any help would i be able to find out anyway by using the engine code it begins with 3gs and some numbers?

any help would be much appreciated ;)

:huh:I think if I was you, I'd get someone else to look at it. It sounds as if the dist. has been wired or inserted wrongly, very rare that a dist. type will affect the firing order (shoot me down if I'm wrong of course). As long as you are using the original ECU and the original Dist. and it's fitted correctly. The Engine itself is academic. Blame the engine fitter mate. I know you could all say things about the valve timing and the cam etc. but I think this is much more basic than that. :eek:

:huh:I think if I was you, I'd get someone else to look at it. It sounds as if the dist. has been wired or inserted wrongly, very rare that a dist. type will affect the firing order (shoot me down if I'm wrong of course). As long as you are using the original ECU and the original Dist. and it's fitted correctly. The Engine itself is academic. Blame the engine fitter mate. I know you could all say things about the valve timing and the cam etc. but I think this is much more basic than that. :eek:

yeah i asked the mechanic to change the leads around and that but he said look no offence but i know how to do an engine change and its the wrong distributor for that engine apparently the mark on the distributor is in the wrong place for the firing order so its firing on 3 instead of 1 he's changed the leads around and its still not doing anything different i think ive found the right distributor tho as the one he has is a 19100-88363 from the origional engine ive found a 19100-88364 just waiting for the guy to get back from his yard tonight then hopefully he will have some more info on the sequence of that one fingers crossed its going to be right :unsure: .i really really miss my celica bmw's are ok but just dont have that feel good feeling like you get from driving a celica :D !they feel better slide better and when i get out i always have to have a second glance its a j reg so its not new and flashy but deffinately got a decent retro feel.anyways yeah so hopefully it will be right and she can get back on the road again :(

yeah i asked the mechanic to change the leads around and that but he said look no offence but i know how to do an engine change and its the wrong distributor for that engine apparently the mark on the distributor is in the wrong place for the firing order so its firing on 3 instead of 1 he's changed the leads around and its still not doing anything different i think ive found the right distributor tho as the one he has is a 19100-88363 from the origional engine ive found a 19100-88364 just waiting for the guy to get back from his yard tonight then hopefully he will have some more info on the sequence of that one fingers crossed its going to be right :unsure: .i really really miss my celica bmw's are ok but just dont have that feel good feeling like you get from driving a celica :D !they feel better slide better and when i get out i always have to have a second glance its a j reg so its not new and flashy but deffinately got a decent retro feel.anyways yeah so hopefully it will be right and she can get back on the road again :(

A bit pricier than a beemer when it was new I think. Probably pricier to repair now too, but, I wouldn't be without my 1991 ST183 generation 5 Convertible though. Spares are rare particularly for the convertible import. Almost to the point that whenever I see them I buy them! :censor: :crybaby:

A bit pricier than a beemer when it was new I think. Probably pricier to repair now too, but, I wouldn't be without my 1991 ST183 generation 5 Convertible though. Spares are rare particularly for the convertible import. Almost to the point that whenever I see them I buy them! :censor: :crybaby:

parts dont seem to be a problem theres just sooo many of them out there well the first engine i brought was a 3s-ge 2nd rev but im not sure which revision the second engine is that they sent out due to the first one having a snapped oil pressure valve and cracked up the inside of the engine when it must of fallen over but im guessing now its probably the same type does anyone know what type of distributor is on the 2L 91 3s-ge second gen? :unsure: :(

• 14 years later...

Do you still happen to have that distributor? Part 19100-88363

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links