Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Shocks?

Coyote!

How do you recognize the noise of a damaged shock? I started to hear a cloc-cloc in the rear, I dont want to think its a shock, the car is only 56k miles!!!! :(

Other question, how do i get to the linkage of the shock to the body? its behind the rear sits?

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Damaged shocks/dampers will usually leak (lots) from the piston - there will be dampness around the upper part of the strut just beneath/around the bottom of the coil spring.

If you push down on that quarter of the car body the vehicle will tend to oscillate more than just a single up....down to rest.

The upper mounting bolts for the rear macpherson struts are usually accessed via the boot.

No leaks, no unnecessary movements. May be the mounting rubbers are broken, I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Sounds like your drop links. Common failure. I am currently working on welding my own together to get the job done properly...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links