Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Camry

Chrism1966

I very much doubt it, I think after years of selling them over here with very small sales figures they finally pulled the plug on it, which is a shame. I suppose there is some justification in it though which is that a fully loaded last gen V6 Camry with all the options cost £30k and held onto less than a 1/3 of its value after 3 years (which is why I love them!) but, £30k nearly buys a Lexus GS300 which afterall, is very similar.

I know they did consider selling the last gen Camry as the Lexus ES300 (which they do in the US as well as the Camry), so maybe in time we'll get it back in some guise.

I can get a new 2.4 Camry for 18k that includes duty and VAT.

i WOULD send photo if I new how to attach to this website. send me your e mail and i'll send pictures.

- camrybf.JPG

NO, is the short answer, You can never say never, but there are no plans to bring it back, it would be competing against the new Avensis which IS coming in 2009

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

There are currently No plans for Toyota to bring the new Camry into the United Kingdom, However it is possible to import one from japan. Japanese Camry's are the same spec as the United states one but with right hand drive making it suitable for use on the Uk Roads. Japanese Camrys also have extra features like controls for heating in the rear. Japanese Camrys are also cheaper. If you are interested in importing a New Camry into the UK it is going to be a lengthy process. First of all you must ask MIRA (www.Mira.co.uk) if they will test the car in every aspect needed for ESVA testing as this car does not have a model report. The Car in japan wil lcost you around £10,000 brand new but then you must add on shipping fees, tax, registration duty and ESVA testing. This would all come to approximately £22000 but it is worth it because you are getting a large executive saloon, similiar to the BMW 3 series with all the features at a bargain price, and of course it will be reliable. Once you have tested one new camry you can bring how many you want, beacause you will have a model report. This means you can rent it out to others and you can make profit from importing a Toyota Camry.

THANKYOU FOR READING

PLEASE REPLY FOR ANY COMMENTS!

• 4 months later...
I can get a new 2.4 Camry for 18k that includes duty and VAT.

i WOULD send photo if I new how to attach to this website. send me your e mail and i'll send pictures.

- camrybf.JPG

Does anyone know where to get Camry model reports ?? to import from Thailand

• 1 month later...
Guest Akhenaten
NO.......... it would be competing against the new Avensis which IS coming in 2009
Shame really !

Can understand if there's not the demand in the UK,

But having driven both models you can't really compare them.

I never buy new but knowing that such a quality car as the Camry will become almost impossible to get second hand fills me with sadness!

Still there's a few more years of good ones left so no need to panic just yet!

Has anyone who slags off the Camry ever driven one on a long tour, nothing "toyota" comes close!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links