Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying A Camry V6 - Advise Please

v6_scatz

Hi,

I already posted this but in the wrong section so apologies if you've seen it already!

I'm seriously considering replacing my current car (Laguna V6) with a car with like for like performance or, at least, like for like engine size. I've been looking at a few Camry's on 'flea'Bay and admit I quite like what I see, the only downside being that my dog'll have to go in the rear seating section rather than the boot.

What I'm really after is, and I'm talking about secondhand '96 - '99;

What if any are the common faults with this particular model, now I know any second hand car is gonna give me problems but is there anything specific I should be looking out for like auto gearboxes etc...?

Timing belt......that dreaded item.....what's the mileage between changes?

Thanks in advance :)

If your looking for a 96 Camry you could get one of the very last old old shape (if that makes sense) Estate models which were enormous.

Everything seems to last well on these, afterall most of the parts are shared with a Lexus of some description.

The timing belt on the 96-01 V6 models need changing at 60k if I remember correctly from when my dad had one, mine is the 01-05 Camry and the manual says it needs changing every 100k or 10 years.

Thanks James :)

I had considered an estate version but really, they are too big. Any of the ones I have seen also look a bit rough round the edges and have not been cared for very well.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links