Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd2

Avensis luna 03

Hi,

Do the 98 - 03 Avensis Petrols support OBD2 (OBDII) Diagnostics Equipment.?

Thanks for any replies.

Thank lads,

Funkyg, can I ask which one you got. I'm looking at one on eBay too, which is why I asked the question. Cheers mate for any reply.

Joe

Hey!

Yeah it was an ELM327 with USB. Getting the USB working as a proper COM port was a bugger cos of Vista permissions, but got it working in the end. Just trying to find a full free version of the software that came with it now.

Hey!

Yeah it was an ELM327 with USB. Getting the USB working as a proper COM port was a bugger cos of Vista permissions, but got it working in the end. Just trying to find a full free version of the software that came with it now.

Hi Funkyg,

Thanks for your reply. I see the type on eBay alright. Thanks again for your help. I'd say I'll go ahead with it.

Thanks,

Joe

You could get a freestanding one rather than one needing a laptop. The connector is under the dash on my Rav and within 14 inch of the steering wheel column in the OBD-II specs.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey!

Hi again funkyg,

Got the ELM327 with USB and note the trouble you had with the COM port. Have that sorted ok and have the thing working fine on my 2003 Avensis but can I hell get it to work with the 1999 1.6. I note your avensis is 2001. All cars must be OBDII compliant from 2001 on so I'm beginning to wonder if the 1999 avensis I have is fully OBDii compliant.

When you plug it in and switch on the ign, the ABS light continues to flash. The software goes through its start up sequence but fails to find the protocol required. I take it that you didn't have this problem?

Also, did you find the full free version of the software?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Joe

When you plug it in and switch on the ign, the ABS light continues to flash. The software goes through its start up sequence but fails to find the protocol required. I take it that you didn't have this problem?

Also, did you find the full free version of the software?

Hi mate.

No, my ABS light doesn't flash at all. Like you said maybe the pre-VVTi engines aren't fully compatible. It just worked for me, sorry.

And no, I didn't find the software, still on the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Cheers mate. You've been more than helpful. I have the piece of kit you recommended and it works perfectly with the 2003 1.8. Thanks again.

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Find attched a torrent file for som OBD2 software. You have to rename the file - just remove the zip part. Or try to open it with your torrent client. Post the results for different software here - how do they perform, what functions do they have etc.

OBD2.4208103.TPB.zip

I think protocal is different on earlier models, works fia your DLC plug. You have to bridge pin numbers 4 & 13 on DLC connector & count of seconds between each flash to read of error codes. If i can i will try & print of procedure for you & post on forum. Alternatively forget buying code reader of eBay & try www.talktomycar.co.uk. They have high end equipment for thousands down to £30 to £40 pounds, but they can also tell you exactly what is required for earlier models.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to find the OBD-2 connector in my 1999 Avensis....

Can you help me with that?

I've looked under the dashboard on the driver's side, but I didn't locate it... A photo would help...

Thanks!

To JohnLi & interested parties.

I would be suprised if you find OBD2 connector under your dash board as it does not have one. Your car has a Data Link Connector in your engine bay & works of a different protocal. Your car produces flash codes which can be read via an earlier version of hardware. OBD2 is a later version protocal that you will find on the Mark2 Avensis 2003 model onwards, connecting socket is under dash board below fuse box cover, plug is white in colour (similar to TV scart socket) & has a black cover over it.

Regards, Beagh.

I'm trying to find the OBD-2 connector in my 1999 Avensis....

Can you help me with that?

I've looked under the dashboard on the driver's side, but I didn't locate it... A photo would help...

Thanks!

iirc in the panel under your steering wheel to the left theres a smallish compartment that opens, give it a good hard tug and itll come off, behind there you should see the connector for the code reader.

To carl:-) & Luna.

My apologies, you are correct carl:-), i even contradicted my own earlier posting. Mixing my Starlett with my Avensis, jumped the gun. Shall put my brain back in before posting next time.

Regards & apologies, Beagh.

thats ok, oh ive just noticed when said to the left of steering wheel i actually mean to the right lol the little cubby hole pocket compartment type thing anyways lol

Did anyone manage to find a code reader to work on a 99 avensis.I have a memoscan u 581 and even though it plugs into the 99 avensis,it wont pick up the toyota signal.I know " avensis luna 03" was also looking for a reader for a 99 avensis,had you any joy in locating one???

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Find attched a torrent file for som OBD2 software. You have to rename the file - just remove the zip part. Or try to open it with your torrent client. Post the results for different software here - how do they perform, what functions do they have etc.

hello im trying to fine obd2 software's that can acses Corlla 1zz

the attached file is corrupted ,

can you please help

• 2 years later...

ware do i plug in the obd on my toyota avensis 2001 ?

Hi this is my reader that works for my 54 plate Avensis. It also works on many other cars as well!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-T40-OBD2-CAN-/160612108301?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item25653a480d

This piece of kit proved invaluable recently, when the engine started to perform sluggishly and occassionally was difficult to start. I put the Code reader on and it came back with P0380 (Glow Plugs) - Put new plugs in (they were due for renewal anyway) and cleared the code - which has not re-apperaed. Also had a worrying P1238 - Injector Malfunction (no MIL light though) - Put a can of Wynns Injector cleaner in, replaced the fuel filter (which was due for replacement) and was filthy - cleared code - which has not re-appeared...yet. Car now drives really well. An Invaluable tool.