Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4d Chip/tuning

tykey

Hello all , new to forum, long term Toyota owner had multiples of most in the range.

I'm considering buying a late (2005) 2.0D4D (had one before), is it possible/advisable to chip to say 130bhp if so any recommendations?

Any pitfalls on reliability,fuel consumption?

Purely on looks I actually prefer this model against the latest plus it is full time 4x4.

Or am I better stumping up the extra £6k for the new one.

We do a kit on our website, details of it here

Register as a member here and you get it at a discounted price, any further information, please feel free to PM me

Kingo :thumbsup:

EDIT

Sorry I forgot to mention, fuel consumption usually gets better after you have chipped it, you tend to give it a bit of a thrash when first installed because it's giving you 20% more power, but when you're used to it, you will notice how much smoother the power delivery is. Should it ever go wrong, you can unplug the chip kit and go back to standard, not that they go faulty very often but a useful feature which is very easy to do

Hello all , new to forum, long term Toyota owner had multiples of most in the range.

I'm considering buying a late (2005) 2.0D4D (had one before), is it possible/advisable to chip to say 130bhp if so any recommendations?

Any pitfalls on reliability,fuel consumption?

Purely on looks I actually prefer this model against the latest plus it is full time 4x4.

Or am I better stumping up the extra £6k for the new one.

Hi Tykey and welcome to the mad house.

Don't underestimate the 4WD system on the new RAV it is something quite special and engages automatically and variably every time you set off, put your foot down or encounter difficult conditions. It is also quite fuel efficient. The later model has a gem of an engine and you will be impressed with the performance - add one of kingos chips to that and I think you might be suitably impressed.

I went to buy the older model (4.2) because I preferred the looks but you should try both before making a decision.

Keep us informed.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies , I have owned a 4.2 diesel (03 plate) a little while ago and the only issue was it seemed a little 'gutless' sometimes so I'm only wanting to beef it up as opposed to turning it into a racer.

I have a cost to change against a 55 plate XTR of £3k against my Avensis as opposed to around £9k extra for the 2.2 XTR (must have cruise) so in a sense its a no brainer unless th latest car(which I'm trying tomorrow) is stupendous compared to the previous.

Its just that I have no experience of chipping and worry about engine/mechanical reliability.

£3k plus chip seems the better deal providing there are no reliability issues especially as I liked the 4.2 when I had it and only changed it for a Celica TS.

Parts King thanks for the info on your chip, I would need it fitted as bit of a numpty what sort of pennies? I have also heard of Vanarken, are they any good?

Cheers

Our kit is £409 fitted, dont know about the Vanarken ones sorry so cant comment.

Cheers

Opportunity Knocks Kingo!

Can't one of your sales guys sort something out on a new XTR for tykey?

Opportunity Knocks Kingo!

Can't one of your sales guys sort something out on a new XTR for tykey?

:D: tykey, We have a mega sale weekend coming up for the new 08 Reg plate, plus demos being sold off. Details are on our website, download the pdf from here

We may have your new car on our forecourt!

The only thing you need to watch Tykey is that only the latest XTRs have cruise.

Good luck.

Can you not get a re-map? Chip tuning is crude and harmful if your car is not fully warmed up as it over rides safety setting when cold (cold oil is thick and much less lubricating), but I guess you know that. I would consider a re-map as I have the same engine in my Auris and I think it has a lot more to give as the T180 has allot more power for just 0.2 more.

No re-maps are available (On most Toyotas that is) It depends how good your chip kit is, ours is mapped to about 6 throttle settings so it makes it a much smoother delivery of fuel, its not just on or off, so to speak

No re-maps are available (On most Toyotas that is) It depends how good your chip kit is, ours is mapped to about 6 throttle settings so it makes it a much smoother delivery of fuel, its not just on or off, so to speak

Had one of kingos chips for the last 3 months and can only endorse all he says,car alot smoother and noticably quicker wont turn it into a T180, but very worthwhile, anyone know if toyota insurance will cover a chipped rav. I did try them and got the reply that if it was a toyota part mmm! supplied and fitted by a toyota dealer there would be no extra cost but that was the girl on the switch who said she would get back to me but didn,t.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links