Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Locking Problem

ginter1234

I have a 2000 x-reg yaris that refuses to lock with the key button. I have 2 keys and they are both the same. Batteries have been changed but no difference. The car unlocks no problem and the small red light on the key flashes, but when you attempt to lock the car the light does not flash and nothing happens. Its the same on both keys so i don't think these are the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Paul

My Verso does in fact the exact opposite. It can't be unlocked with the remote, but I can lock it with the remote. So you're actually experiencing problems with the actual reciever, not key? Interesting..

Refusing to lock may indicate that the ecu thinks that one of the doors is open. Try giving them all a good slam ( don't know if the bonnet has a sensor but give it a try!) My Rav does this occasionally with the rear door - it looks as though it's completely shut, and you can't push or pull it open, but the the remote won't lock the doors, and you can see the warning light is on if you peer carefully. A good slam does the trick. Another guy on here had the same problem, but with the bonnet.

If it still doesn't work, then maybe a sensor has gone, but I'd expect to see the warning light on all the time in that case...

my car fob needed a new Battery when i got the car a month down the line its as if the Battery is going flat. i get angry with the thing (i refuse to open it with the key since its my first car with central locking) so i press the button while cursing and jumping up and down..li get their eventually but i think ill have to go back to the dealer and see if its the receiver bit.

I have a 2000 x-reg yaris that refuses to lock with the key button. I have 2 keys and they are both the same. Batteries have been changed but no difference. The car unlocks no problem and the small red light on the key flashes, but when you attempt to lock the car the light does not flash and nothing happens. Its the same on both keys so i don't think these are the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Paul

got the exact same problem here with mine mate :(

must be a common fault - it used to work fine, but stopped all of a sudden

Mine has done the opposite *once*, could lock but not unlock with the buttons :/ Opened it with the key, drove for 30 min and then it worked again though. So taking mine, others and your problem like this in account, I'd say one of the doors isn't "closed" for the car. That I can also presume, since I know for a fact my Yaris won't lock, but will unlock, if one of the doors are open.

• 3 years later...

Any luck with the lock issue! Same prob here with my yaris unlocks but wnt lock! And nothing do with doors not shut! Only got 3 and have giving them all a good slam! This has not worked for years according to last owner but it's bugging me!! I can unlock but bot lock!! Grrrr any help muchly appreciated! :-) x

I find I have to hold down the lock button; If I just press it the red light doesn't blink.

Didn't use to do that, so I think I may need to change the batteries, although unlocking works just fine!

• 6 years later...

This Toyota Yaris 2007 has Locked it's Windows--what or how can we fix it please.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links