Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Bluetooth Handsfree Question

YarisGLS

Dear all,

I have got a new gen yaris that comes with standard CD player, but no steering wheel audio controls.

Now I got given a SWC bluetooth Handsfree for the new Yaris, but I know that it requires the steering wheel audio buttons to function properly.

Does anyone know the schematic of the steering wheel audio control buttons? And where they connects to?

There are 5 buttons, Mode/vol+/vol-/Up/Down. I am hoping to build a small panel with 5 push buttons and mount it somewhere on the dash (or hidden) and hook it up just like the standard steering wheel controls.

Many Thanks for helping!

Now I have found the wiring connection:

http://www.castulucci.com/projects/carpc/o...tors/index.html

The 20 pin plug contains 3 wires that comes from the steering wheel control buttons:

Pin 6: GND (Ground from Steering wheel audio controls) - Neither Input nor Output - Connected

Pin 7: SW1 (Seek+/-, Vol+/- Inputs from Steering wheel audio controls) - Input - Connected

Pin 8: SW2 (Mode input from Steering wheel audio controls) - Input - Connected

Now the question is... can someone with the steering wheel control buttons on their car be so kind to measure the resistance of each button when they are pressed (and when they are not pressed, in case there is a particular resistance in the steady state)?

Thanks in advance! And if I am successful in building a 5 button panel to simulate the buttons on the steering wheel controls, I will write up a very detailed DIY instructions!!!

This is the diagram I have in mind (pure guess), the values of the resistors is what I am after.

possible_switch.jpg

Please could someone help me out on this? Many Thanks!

You mean like this dont yer Bluetooth buttons

Did this to my Yaris not long back. Yeah I know it looks a bit crude but it`s better than a 3 pointer + £60 fine. The steering wheel with controls & clock spring/spiral is "in the post" as we speak. Unfortunatley, I cant find the wiring diagram here at home but i`m sure I still have it at work. Watch this space.

You mean like this dont yer Bluetooth buttons

Did this to my Yaris not long back. Yeah I know it looks a bit crude but it`s better than a 3 pointer + £60 fine. The steering wheel with controls & clock spring/spiral is "in the post" as we speak. Unfortunatley, I cant find the wiring diagram here at home but i`m sure I still have it at work. Watch this space.

That is exactly what I am after! Looks great to me, as that's what I wanted to do!

Please show me the wiring diagram when you find it.

I will keep refreshing this page every now and then hoping to see your post :lol:

Thanks a million in advance!!!

Yeah Use 1/4 W resitors, the buttons are just sending signals, not handling a lot of current. I just solded the resistors to the terminals on the switches. Works a treat.

Yeah Use 1/4 W resitors, the buttons are just sending signals, not handling a lot of current. I just solded the resistors to the terminals on the switches. Works a treat.

Cool!! Will pop down to Maplin for parts tmr and do this as a weekend project :)

All credits to you!

BTW Benno, do you happens to know how to build the steering control for a JVC headunit too?

There's a 3.5mm audio socket on the back of my JVC headunit and it's for steering control input. I wonder if I could wire these toyota bluetooth buttons to the JVC headunit.

Don't worry if you don't know, as I am just being greedy for another wiring diagram :P

Cheers!

Sorry dude. I have never had anything to do with the JVC head unit. So I can`t help with that one sorry. If you get the jack plug to fit the socket you could try a few configurations. I mean, at the end of the day you are only playing about with resistances to ground.....But on the other hand, don`t go blowing your head unit. . .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links