Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing Rear Speakers

Robie

Hey guys, I am having trouble finding where to put the end of the loom I bought from my dealer. The loom allows another set of Speakers to be installed and to plug the original Speakers plug into it as the picture below shows:

loom.jpg

After alot of faffing around with carpet and looking through the manual I decided my best bet would be the fuses below:

fuses1.jpg

fuses2.jpg

I guessed that the plug above would be the same one as it looked the correct size. After even more faffing around and sore fingers I managed to get it out with some pliers and the courtesy light went out. Whoops obviously the wrong one so I just double checked that it wouldnt fit my loom and then plugged it back in.

Phew the courtesy light went back in.

Now with another car I could quite easily get a haynes manual but they dont do them for the Yaris!

Hopefully TOC members will be able to help me because I am looking forward to getting my Speakers working.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

just do it the easy way, connect some wires from the back of the radio to the back of the car and attach it to your 6x9

Thanks to yaristpot for sorting me out over msn,

Im posting it here because it may be of use to other people in the future :thumbsup:

ok, remove the heater control knobs

remove the 2 screws

pull the bottom of the top section away, then the top,

slightly push down on the section to un hook the catches

disconect the wires,

remove the 2 screws on the bottom section at the top

remove the ash tray and the 2 sreews in there

pull tape player out, add loom and run cables away

then build it back up and realize you have 3 bits left over, and 5 new rattels

Ok I have wired them up with the loom etc , wired it into the Speakers but now I only have the front left door speaker working :S If any of you have any ideas why they would be greatly appreciated :help:

The only thing I can think of is that the left door Speakers are on a different connection to the rest of the Speakers and that I have put this connection into my loom instead of the correct one. Do any of you know if this is true or have I completely f :censor: d up all my speakers :eek::crybaby:

you dont need to use those connectors, just crimp the new cables to the existing wires

I've installed a pair of Speakers to the rear panel.

I just get rid of those front dash Speakers,

I just took the radio out and re-wire the fronts to doors,and

the doors to rear,that is.

And that fader works fine with them.

It seems that our yaris is actually a Japanese import!

We bought it from a company called Eurocar who told us that they get it off a dealer in Holland, I find it very unlikely that Holland import their cars from Japan when they are supposedly made next door in Paris.

Anyway, the european loom therefore does not fit with the Japanese electronics. My dealer told me that I should import a Japanese Toyota loom.

I went to see an audio electrition who says that adding another set of Speakers would be dropping the ohms in such away that it could blow the Speakers. He reckons that the best option is to take out one of the front set of Speakers and run the rear speakers in the place of them. He can do this for £40 ! and he is also willing to add in the rear speakers aswell as the front 4. He wants to have a look at the loom also.

Thanks for your help TOC but I may be forced to go with the £40 audio electrician to get the job done :ph34r:

putting 2 speaker in parrallel will only half the ohms if the speaker have the same ohms. 4ohms should be ok, 2 ohms can be unstable especially at high volume

you don't need rear Speakers in the yaris....

there's plenty of scope for excellent sound in the front if you just upgrade your headunit, 4 good Speakers to replace dash and door, and a small sub with amp in the boot....

putting 2 speaker in parrallel will only half the ohms if the speaker have the same ohms. 4ohms should be ok, 2 ohms can be unstable especially at high volume

Yes he reckons it would bring it down to 2 ohms

I need Speakers in the back because I have people in the back aswell :thumbsup:

Its all very well this... but the flipping thing rattles!!! Anyone know how to sort that, gonne re do me doors after christmas cause there doing me head in whenever the bass hits

Mat

alot of dynamat, insulated tape on the door rods and anything that can move inside the doors... just insulate it up.

2nd all that!

:D