Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux 1uzfe V8?

Arthur242630

Has anyone done this conversion? Can you still keep the 4x4 system or do you have to run it rwd? How hard is it to do if anyone has done it would you please provide info? Any help greatly appreciated. Just a quick add on Check U-Tube for Toyota Hilux Lexus V8 and listen to how good they sound.

Soooooo much more room then putting one in a supra!

Here's mine..... ^_^

V8rightside.jpg

downpipes.jpg

I'm grafting on the Lexus dash too.....

Lexusdash.jpg

and yes, I still have 4WD.

Hi Vince W Did you have to chop at any of the bodywork? Are you running it Auto or Manual? I know I'm probably telling you something you already know but have you looked on Lextreme.com? So many performance options for the Lexus V8. Didi you run into any problems during the conversion?

The only chopping I did was the slam panel as you can see in the first pic. This was mainly 'cos of lack of ceiling height in my workshop.

I also fitted a 2" body lift which allows the V8 to sit further back to allow enough room for the radiator. The handbrake pulley bracket has to be re-mounted inside the cabin (the other side of the bulkhead)as there isn't enough clearance for the drivers side cylinder head .

A remote oil filter set-up is needed too 'cos there aint no room for the Lexus one!

I'm using the auto transmission that was fitted to the V8 and modified the output shaft to connect up the Surf's transfer case so that I still have 4WD.

A slight trimming of the hole in the tunnel where the gear levers are,'cos they now sit about 30mm further back. Also. the propshafts may need shortening/lengthening too, but I'll confirm that this week when I offer them up.

An electric fuelpump will be requiered, I fitted a Nissan skyline R33 in-tank pump, as this will supply enough fuel at the requiered pressure.

Then it's just the matter of connecting up the wiring, sorting out an air filter and fabricating an exhaust.

Here is another site dedicated to fitting the Lexus V8 into Toyota 4x4s........

http://www.uzswap.com/forum/index.php?PHPS...8091c087b7&

p.s. I bought a complete, MOT'd Lexus LS400 for 600 quid and totally stripped it so that I had everything needed to get the engine and transmission running in the Surf, e.g. Wiring loom, ECU.

The only chopping I did was the slam panel as you can see in the first pic. This was mainly 'cos of lack of ceiling height in my workshop.

I also fitted a 2" body lift which allows the V8 to sit further back to allow enough room for the radiator. The handbrake pulley bracket has to be re-mounted inside the cabin (the other side of the bulkhead)as there isn't enough clearance for the drivers side cylinder head .

A remote oil filter set-up is needed too 'cos there aint no room for the Lexus one!

I'm using the auto transmission that was fitted to the V8 and modified the output shaft to connect up the Surf's transfer case so that I still have 4WD.

A slight trimming of the hole in the tunnel where the gear levers are,'cos they now sit about 30mm further back. Also. the propshafts may need shortening/lengthening too, but I'll confirm that this week when I offer them up.

An electric fuelpump will be requiered, I fitted a Nissan skyline R33 in-tank pump, as this will supply enough fuel at the requiered pressure.

Then it's just the matter of connecting up the wiring, sorting out an air filter and fabricating an exhaust.

Here is another site dedicated to fitting the Lexus V8 into Toyota 4x4s........

http://www.uzswap.com/forum/index.php?PHPS...8091c087b7&

p.s. I bought a complete, MOT'd Lexus LS400 for 600 quid and totally stripped it so that I had everything needed to get the engine and transmission running in the Surf, e.g. Wiring loom, ECU.

Thanks for the info that has given me allot to think about. I'm going to check that website out now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links