Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

J A E 2008 Thread

GIDDLEPIN

Info just released...

Mersea have a 'No Glass' policy on site.

This means you are not allowed to bring any glass bottles on site whatsoever.

The staff on the gate will be checking vehicles for glass. If you have some with you, you will have to give it up should you bring some with you accidently so please bring only plastic cartons/bottles on site.

Mersea is used all year round by children as an activity centre and therefore broken glass on the fields etc is dangerous not only to those attending JAE but a unsuspecting child who may find a broken bottle when playing in the field and getting hurt

So all drinks must be in Cans or Plastic and in the case of wine a box or plastic bottle

Better start saving those coke & lemonade bottles to decant the vodka into :rolleyes:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acstreet

• GIDDLEPIN

• JappyBeast

• Phoenix999

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

Yet another nail in the coffin of JAE

All the years I have attended I have NEVER seen a bottle fight or deliberate glass vandalism.... and this

The staff on the gate will be checking vehicles for glass. If you have some with you, you will have to give it up should you bring some with you accidently so please bring only plastic cartons/bottles on site.
is so blatantly dictatorial and treats us like little children. :angry:

So, for all of you that have bought cheap cases of Stella for your enjoyment or as me you like to partake in a nice bottle of red ............TOUGH!!

You WILL drink out of plastic boxes or crappy tins....THIS IS THE MERSEA LAW!!!

and this

Mersea is used all year round by children as an activity centre and therefore broken glass on the fields etc is dangerous not only to those attending JAE but a unsuspecting child who may find a broken bottle when playing in the field and getting hurt

Did children never visit Petrborough Showground or even Billing Aquadrome after JAE had attended? :blink:

"Isn't it strange that this comes to light so near to the event?" :rolleyes:

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

After much deliberation i'm a definate for this guys - i missed it last year and massively regret it...

Anyone from Scotland making the trip down?

After much deliberation i'm a definate for this guys - i missed it last year and massively regret it...

Anyone from Scotland making the trip down?

Another Aygo for the list Paul ;)

I know AndieM is from up that way somewhere :yes:

So what happens with payment for the tickets etc - apologies for being a bit of a spanner but just wanna get the checklist sorted out and ticket organization is high in that list!

Haven't been to a JAE event before so i dont wanna be the one who cocks it up - i earned the title of AOC Muppet on the forum due to my legendary "planning and co-ordination skills" :lol:

We need a rough figure of cars attending on our stand. You can buy tickets in advance for £12 for the whole weekend (well worth the money) or if you dont want to commit, just pay £15 on the gate.

You can buy tickets in advance for £12 for the whole weekend

That's fine - where or how do you buy tickets in advance?

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

Yet another nail in the coffin of JAE

All the years I have attended I have NEVER seen a bottle fight or deliberate glass vandalism.... and this

is so blatantly dictatorial and treats us like little children. :angry:

So, for all of you that have bought cheap cases of Stella for your enjoyment or as me you like to partake in a nice bottle of red ............TOUGH!!

You WILL drink out of plastic boxes or crappy tins....THIS IS THE MERSEA LAW!!!

and this

Did children never visit Petrborough Showground or even Billing Aquadrome after JAE had attended? :blink:

"Isn't it strange that this comes to light so near to the event?" :rolleyes:

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Yep 'tis a PITA but I do get the feeling that the organisers have only just been told.

My guess would be that the owners have suddenly thought..."Oh :censor: grown ups, alcohol, partying" when all they usually get on site is brownies & cub scouts and suddenly realised that most of the adult human race drink stuff which comes in glass bottles and thought they'd better ban them :rolleyes:

TBH in my 5 years of JAE I can't say I have ever seen broken glass on the ground as 99% of peeps are worried about getting some in their tyre etc

Final (well as near as) layout has been released.....Plot No 34 is where you need to head :D

2008Layout4.jpg

List to date of who's & whats where:

1 Del Sol UK

2 JDMy0

3 S2K International

3 UK S200 Club

4 MX-5 Nutz

5 Tengoku Racing

6 Team Tsukuba

7 Essex Cruise Union

8 Type R Owners Club

9 IMOC UK

9 MR2 Mk1

9 MR2 ROC

9 MR2OC

10 Miss Banzai

11 Mitsubishi FTO Owners Club

15 mkivsupra.net

19 Nissan Sportz

20 GTOUK

21 Nissan Primera Owners Club

22 Skyline Owners Club

23 The Dutchies

24 Subaru SVX World Network

25 Toyota Sera Club

31 Mkiii Supra.net

32 Club 323F

33 SXOC

34 Toyota Owners Club

35 300ZX.co.uk Club

36 Fast Jap Cars

37 Jap Girls

38 The RX Seven

40 Nissan 300c OC/Cedric Register

41 GTR Owners Club

42 Stagea Owners Club

50 Nissan Club Nederlands

51 GT4 Owners Club

52 GT4 Enthusiats Club

62 JAP n Crazy

63 HondaOwners.Net

64 SSB-CC and CivicLife

65 Almera Owners Club

66 UK Street Cars

67 Micra Sports Club

68 Celica-Club UK

69 Honda-Tech UK

70 Zero260

71 Show Offs

72 Toyota Estima Owners Club

74 Yaris Club UK

75 Paseo Club

76 Minty Fresh Crew

can i still be added to the list to attend the club stand? how do i get two tickets?

Hi Ed

I have added you to the list and regarding the tickets as they are £12 for the discounted ones and after adding any paypal fees + postage we thought it just as convenient to get them at the gate ;)

Look forwards to seeing you there :thumbsup:

Les

hey ya, At the moment im gonna be parking on the paseo club stand number 75, Dont worry i wont be ignoring you all though, i'll come over and have a chat to you all, and see your cars again, Ive made some improvents to my car now with the bodykit, atm ive had to have my front spoiler resprayed as the stupid high curbs in multistorey car parks {MANDER CENTRE WOLVERHAMPTON} Im going down friday morning and staying till sunday. Hope you all have a safe journey down there. matt.

Anyone else heading down to this on the Thursday? Cos that's what i intend on doing as i'm certainly not leaving Central Scotland at 11pm-12am on Thurs/Fri to arrive there between 7am & 8am!

Total Journey Duration: 16hours 44mins

Total Journey Distance: 872 miles

(all stats provided by AA Route Planner)

Well buggar me i've got a long journey ahead of me but it'll be worth it!

*EDIT*

Could we also have a recommended list of what to bring down with us? A reminder for those who have been and checklist for all us noobs who haven't (me included!)

Well im back from cyprus and wow what a great holiday! considerong buying a holiday home there too, anyway back to the JAE thread

Unsure if i can take 2 cars now due to me spending more than i thought on holiday lol but will see

BUMP aswell

C'mon folks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> could be as good as CAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (camping auto extravaganza) :yahoo:

So anyone else heading down to this on Thursday then?

Cant come on the thursday now as got commitments so will come friday morning and hopefully in my white one, unsure if the black one will be coming due to girlfriend not being home on that date but at her mums, might get a mate to drive it

Anyway JAE BUMP come on guys and girls

C'mon folks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> could be as good as CAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (camping auto extravaganza) :yahoo:

Not so much Thurday myself more Friday morning (2am-ish) although I'm not on the toc stand obviously. With a few stops should make opening time.

*EDIT*

Could we also have a recommended list of what to bring down with us? A reminder for those who have been and checklist for all us noobs who haven't (me included!)

Thread here for the what to bring etc Paul :D

guys is it ok to bring my skyline too?

I wouldnt say no lol we have had other cars non toyota before but they have to stay at the back otherwise toyotaownersclub would defeat the object

Les is the man to ask :)

Dear All,

a friend of mine has recently bought a gorgeous 1996 Trueno, i will be attending JAE with the Toyota Sera gang, but would like to bring him along too, can anyone suggest what club he may be able to gain entry with? (is there a space on the TOC pitch by any chance?)

Last year i remember there was a superb AE86 treuno, would be fantastic to get the two together.

Regards,

Martin.

I hope I am not talking out of turn here but I feel sure there will be space with us at TOC :yes:

A warm welcome will be waiting I am most certain of that :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links