Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Audio Control Question

YarisGLS

Would anyone be so kind to tell me how the 5 buttons on the toyota steering wheel controls are wired? The buttons of "Mode/vol+/vol-/Seek+/Seek-".

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76657

I know that the five buttons are connected to the factory stereo via three wires. I have a feeling that the schematic may look like this:

possible_switch.jpg

The resistor's value is what I am after. If you happens to have the steering wheel beside you, could you be so kind to measure the resistance of each button when they are pressed (and when they are not pressed, in case there is a particular resistance in the steady state)?

1. Measure between 6 and 7, pressing vol+/vol-/seek+/seek- and write down the 4 resistance value

2. Measure between 6 and 8, pressing "mode" and write down the resistance value.

Many Thanks in advance!

P.S. I do not have steering wheel controls on my car, hence I couldn't find out these values myself.

• 10 months later...

Would anyone be so kind to tell me how the 5 buttons on the toyota steering wheel controls are wired? The buttons of "Mode/vol+/vol-/Seek+/Seek-".

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76657

I know that the five buttons are connected to the factory stereo via three wires. I have a feeling that the schematic may look like this:

possible_switch.jpg

The resistor's value is what I am after. If you happens to have the steering wheel beside you, could you be so kind to measure the resistance of each button when they are pressed (and when they are not pressed, in case there is a particular resistance in the steady state)?

1. Measure between 6 and 7, pressing vol+/vol-/seek+/seek- and write down the 4 resistance value

2. Measure between 6 and 8, pressing "mode" and write down the resistance value.

Many Thanks in advance!

P.S. I do not have steering wheel controls on my car, hence I couldn't find out these values myself.

Did you finally solve it?

i am trying to do something like it in a Verso....and maybe I could help you...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links