Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5efe & 5ehfe?

Jamesb4uk

How different are the FE & FHE?

will i be able to use UK spec parts on the FHE? stuff like induction kits, cam belts & other bits & pieces?

I know they have different compresion ratio's but other than that im clueless on the differances

J

i think its possible to use any tuning bit ment fo the fe engine onto the fhe,

generally speaking many service parts - air filter, prob. belt and oil filter will be common.

Rotor arms are different.

Tuning parts - no - some are vehicle dependent - eg an induction kit for a Cynos may not fit a Sera, not because they're the same engine, but due to the space in the engine bay.

The 5E-FHE has a number of uprated components, that may already be superior in standard form than a tuning part for a 5E-FE.

Andrew

The 5E-FHE has a number of uprated components, that may already be superior in standard form than a tuning part for a 5E-FE.

Andrew

Interesting idea, any examples?

Sorry to keep picking your brains Andrew but you do know your stuff!! :D :thumbsup:

The 5E-FHE has superior cams for example, and larger injectors, and I believe a superior design of inlet manifold.

Yep, and depending on the year 5efhe, the pistons are actually more like the 4efte and the head is a bit different too. But most major service parts can be exchanged.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links