Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'03 Camry Door Loudspeaker

TimT

Hi

My 03 V6 Camry driver's door loudspeaker does not work, nor does the heated wing mirror. Can anyone give me guidance on removing the door panel to check on the wiring inside. Or, any other ideas about these problems which may or may not be related.

And - - the GPS voice is a bit quiet and strangulated, not sure where it comes from?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

not sure how the panel comes off on the Camry, but I'd have thought that it would be fairly similar to most cars with plenty of poppers and hidden screws. It sounds to me that you're right about the wiring. The most popular place for this to fail is in the sleeving between the door and the chassis. Good luck with it.

Hi

My 03 V6 Camry driver's door loudspeaker does not work, nor does the heated wing mirror. Can anyone give me guidance on removing the door panel to check on the wiring inside. Or, any other ideas about these problems which may or may not be related.

And - - the GPS voice is a bit quiet and strangulated, not sure where it comes from?

Thanks

Tim

I am not sure where you are at, in NY I went to a place which repairs windows and to test it they popped open the panel. They were3 fairly careful to see where it was tight and with a screw driver covered with masking tape they started prying open the thing and then pulled it by hand and did not break anything (also there was a screw somewhere - I think by the door latch which they also removed) in my 2000 camry

I can imagine it must be similar to yours - try urself or take it to a place for them to " check it out" its usually free, and u can see how they do it. I was surprised sometimes they will have very low prices in fixing those things.

the Speakers usually are not broken, its usually a filter that is burned. But if its a speaker, you can buy aftermaker from diff manufacturers. I suggest if you are going to do that buy them the same brand so u have nice sound.

Hope it helps

Carlos

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links