Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods And Admin.

nws25

Just a personal view here, but instead of closing topics which you dont agree with/ have swearing e.t.c, couldn't you just simply edit the offenders posts and let the topic carry on.

This is the Toyotas Owners Club, obvioulsy covering every model of Toyota and with owners from all warps of life, so there will be friction from time to time, but you've gt to allow it to a certain extent. We're all adults and need to let off steam e.t.c from time to time.

Thanks.

Well said, especially the topic on the drink driving, it was closed because Heir Flick didn’t like what other people were saying.

It wasn’t getting out of hand and there was no personal attacks on people either, just a difference of opinion, but if it doest suit the moderators, the topic is closed. :angry:

Sounding very much like an older member there voiceof....

the reason the post was closed was that it ws heading in only one direction and was in breach of the t's & c's. Wherever possible posts are edited rather than closed as we try to encourage free open discussion. If you look at the number of posts that have been closed you will see that this is the case, its not the case of what suits the moderators, I'm sure if you ask the majority of members there will be no complaints in the way in which the club is run or moderated.

As for heir flick, is that really necessary.

I'm with Ryan on this one. :huh:

If a thread is going to end up into a huge 'sl*gging match', then it makes sense to close it before it really kicks off.

as you said nws, they could moderate/edit the thread, but on a passionate subject, they could be spending all their time on one thread, and if two or three members are posting, they might not be able to keep up...

I have absolutely no quarms with the mods!

They do a good job, and I would say they do it fairly! (and they do it for the love of it?!)

Give em a break!

(and if voice-of-reason stays round long enough (?)! Im sure you will agree!!)

:yes::yes::yes:

They should be able to keep up as they have "topic watch" on their moderators control panel, which means they screen the post before it gets posted.

I just feel there are better ways to deal with things rather than lock a topic.

They should be able to keep up as they have "topic watch" on their moderators control panel, which means they screen the post before it gets posted.

I just feel there are better ways to deal with things rather than lock a topic.

Do you really think that the moderators have nothing better to do than screen every post in a topic? Moderating is a time consuming activity that most, if not all, do beside another job, getting paid zilch for it, and very seldomly recieving anything but criticism.

Support the moderators. They do a great job.

especially the topic on the drink driving, it was closed because Heir Flick didn’t like what other people were saying.

:ffs: the-voice-of-reason Just drop it! The Topic has been closed, and I have done what I have done. I have read you posts and I know why you feel the way you do on the subject, and I am sorry for your loss.

But I have done it now and nothing is going to change that.

When I posted my story I knew I was in for a flaming, but posted it any way. It was not posted for sympathy.

I have meet quite a few of the members of this site and consider my self to be amongst friends here. I don't expect TOC or individuals to condone what I did.

It was posted because every success or failure I have had with my car has been posted here.

It was posted as a warning to others that even with what I (and many others) thought was the limit, I was still over.

I know I only speak for my self and the clubs view may be completely different but have you actually helped any one from this site? or asked any one for help with a problem on your car? Hell, you have a total of 8 posts and over half of them where either having a go at me, Fidgits and now the mods and admins.

If all you want to do is whinge and moan at people in the club I cant see you lasting very long on this site! So you might as well :censor: off now.

This is my $0.02 and its the last time i am gonna post on this subject!

Look, i can see where the 2 arguments are coming. Under T+Cs

We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within those posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation.

Regarding closing the topic, mods. did a good job to actually let it continue because the subject was on:

1) drink driving - which is not condoned anyway but they still let it go

2) 91CelicaGTI was either gonna get grilled at OR backing him as friends would do

and it was closed after the thread was going into one direction only

yes, voice-of-reason, i understand and sorry for your loss, but that thread was not about sympathy, he was telling the story of not to drink and drive to other members and it can be learning experience for people

i just wanna stand in middle ground and not have go at anyone as its a dull rainy day :( :P

Kenny

I think VOR needs to get a few posts under his belt before having a go at moderators. I suggest you sit back and see how this site is run first.

Most members appreciate what moderators do for the club and give the moderators a lot of respect.

Simply charging at mods with merely a few posts on your side really does not look good and tells me the wrong things about you for which I could be really wrong about.

We don't believe in shouting... but suggestions we are all ears.

on another note... if the post contains profanity then the post should be edited by a mod... which is what I always assumed and seen with my own eyes.

Any thread that seriosly goes into braking the law then should be reviewed.... may not necasarilly mean it should be deleted. We can then learn from the facts posted with that thread.

The reason that thread was shut is because of a certain amount of posts were basically attacking the thread originator... so how about in future if you want to attack a member with verbal abuse.. we just delete that post and let the thread continue? ... of course no one would like that.

I have to agree with the mods here. 91 Celica was not condoning d+d but pointing out his mistake.I dont agree with d+d but a personal attack on him is not warranted.

This site is fairly run and the mods usually get it right.

A fine job they do!!

Please can we all have a group hug and start another topic :group-cuddles: :thumbsup:

I think the voice-of-reason has had plenty of posts under his belt already under a previous alias.... and I don't think I need to spell out who i'm thinking of. <_<

I think the voice-of-reason has had plenty of posts under his belt already under a previous alias.... and I don't think I need to spell out who i'm thinking of. <_<

???

i disagree sam.. sorry :(

Here we go again...

Gentlemen, raise the calm.

Sit down with a cup of coffee, smoke a cigar and live in peace... ^_^

Everybody has different points of view, a little piece of the truth and that's exactly like it should be. If we join all pieces we will have the real truth. Trying to convince other ppl with our little piece would be a mistake.

So leave it as it is, and share this beautifull place for making long distance friends :group-cuddles: .

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Another thread which looks as if it is going astray...

VOR, we have t's & C's on the site to ensure the smooth running of the cluyb and with a high number of active members it is uncommon to close a thread.

I have to agree with sam you do post in a similar style as a member who was previously banned and seem to be intent on causing disruption to the site and its members which will be monitored.

If you do have any qualms or issues with a post being closed, the way it is moderated or have any grevances please feel free to pm me and i will try and answer any queries or problems you may have.

All of the moderators of this site give up their time foc becasue they feel the club is worth it and enjoy keeping the club running smoothly and mainly without issues, we do not try and control the club but as mentioned before encourage free and open speech, again under certain circumstances this may need ot be moderated.

sorry.. maybe i'm a little out of order for suggesting you're someone else m8

it's just the similarities are striking in the way your sentances are structured, the tone, the words used.... even your name <_< :ph34r:

but hey it's christmas, time to celebrate... nearly :D

:group-cuddles: :meet: :meet: :beer::beer::thumbsup:

Hum....I'm new to this site.......I have my opinions.....But basically I think Mod's can't make evey one happy. They are kind of like parents and politics, they have to make calls others don't like.

We don't have to understand why they make them or agree, we just have to live with them.

Or............. leave the TOC Home, move out and make your own web site to take care of.

Hum....I'm new to this site.......I have my opinions.....But basically I think Mod's can't make evey one happy. They are kind of like parents and politics, they have to make calls others don't like.

We don't have to understand why they make them or agree, we just have to live with them.

Or............. leave the TOC Home, move out and make your own web site to take care of.

Good point....well made!

Who’s doing the personal attacks now?

I gave my opinion, some don’t like it, thread gets locked, I get accused of being someone else and now the heavy boys (moderators) are getting involved!

I been visiting this site as an outsider, reading your comments, tips, questions etc, but felt I wanted to be heard about the topic of drink driving by a member who admitted doing so and getting arrested.

As I disagree with his actions, for what ever reason the shutters come up by most and all hell breaks loose.

So it seems that if we all don’t think along the same trail of thought and play buddy buddy with each other, the establishment come marching in.

Sounds somewhat familiar? Hence the Heir Flick tongue in check remark…

I wait for the storm to follow...

I have kept out of this so far.

The voice of reason,

I know for a fact there is a stark collection of ages/races/backgrounds in here, I have made many a friend through this website, and I like it here. and believe it or not, in actual fact we can have a &#33;Removed&#33; good converstaion, and debate without getting personal!

If your intent on debate, go and join a debating chatroom, if you wanna chill out and have a laugh, then calm down and get involved in a positive way.

I dont care who you really are, if you have a valid point in a debate I'll back you, if I disagree I'll say, thats how it works in here, but nobody ever gets personal.

Hence the :group-cuddles: cos we are all friends at the end of the day

Just a bit of advice it may be worth taking?