Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ground Wire Kits.

MAverick78

Taken from this page: http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/groundwire/

"A newly found modification that works on nearly any car. A groundwire kit typically consists of about 5 wires which you connect to various places under the hood to improve the ground connections. These wires are basically 1400-1700 strand, 99.9% copper car audio power wires with 24k gold-plated ring terminals.Many magazine's have tested these Ground Wire kits on various models, all of which saw some kind of power gain. Anywhere from a 2-15whp peak gain in the recent Import Tuner article. Of these cars, the average gain throughout the powerband was about 2-5 whp. You can expect a 2-6whp peak gain if you own a 1.6-2.2 liter 4 cylinder car and at least a 1hp gain throughout the powerband, and maybe more.

On top of that, you will notice increased throttle response due to a better spark, brighter headlights, and your stereo system won't strain your alternator as much as before (ie: less headlight dimming when the bass hits).

You should also immediately note a smoother idle when you first start your car"

There is a universal set on eBay for US $20. Any thoughts?

Kev.

PS: here is step by step guide I just found on how to do it DIY on the cheap.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29261

waste of money

Unless you are having problems with bad earths on car...

Ie lights dimming exessivly

batt not being chargered properly

or starting issues

I'm not an expert or car wiring, but I do have a degree in Electronics & other califications in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Therefore I think I know a bit about electricity, and I must agree with Cmia.

Complete waste of cash.

If you had poor wiring you'd get powerloss. When turning on several things just as you've started or starting the car, you will get a sudden drop in power, but that's because the power comes from the Battery & alternator which adjust themselves to produce the new levels of current. If a car had mains supply (for arguements sake), you wouldn't get powerloss.

Keep yer £10 quid and spend it in Bargain Booze..........Much better result :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for replies.

Just seemed that everyone on that site, even with fairly new cars, was rushing out to fit ground wire kits on their cars.

Thanks for replies.

Just seemed that everyone on that site, even with fairly new cars, was rushing out to fit ground wire kits on their cars.

its like a sheep senario..

1 jumps off the cliff.. the whole lot of them want to follow :D