Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cai In E12

zetemte

Hi,

I am an owner of Corolla E12. I've already dobe some little styling modifications to my car ( TTE :) ), but I haven't changed anything to gain some extra power from the engine :)

1.6 is bull****. Recentlly I've noticed, that it is , very, very slow.

As a start I've decided to fix a Cool Air Intake.

But I have some doubts is it really gonna give me any extra horses ?!

The question: Is there anyone here, who has a car like me and has installed a CAI to his car ?! I would like to know is it worth installing and maybe what product would you recommend for my baby B) ?!

• 3 years later...

i think there is people going to install k&n induction kit for the 1.6 E12.... search it... i think no/ not much horsepower gained but it sounds brillant... i got a 1.6 E12 as well... but unforunately i am 17 ... cant do any modification to the engine yet... the good thing about this car is- it is very fuel economical.... my one can done an average of 55.3 mpg/g (motorway) yesterday. however i think it is better to trade in a tsport...

Hi,

I am an owner of Corolla E12. I've already dobe some little styling modifications to my car ( TTE :) ), but I haven't changed anything to gain some extra power from the engine :)

1.6 is bull****. Recentlly I've noticed, that it is , very, very slow.

As a start I've decided to fix a Cool Air Intake.

But I have some doubts is it really gonna give me any extra horses ?!

The question: Is there anyone here, who has a car like me and has installed a CAI to his car ?! I would like to know is it worth installing and maybe what product would you recommend for my baby B) ?!

From experiencce with my T Sport and an AEM CAI your gonna have some issues as to where it will go! The end pipe goes, just behind the headlight and down into the bumber section. If you have fog lamps your !Removed!'d as there ain't enough space to stick a filter on! If you haven't you might just be ok!

In the end my got sawed in half works well though :thumbsup:

Anyway... To find out how much room you have you gonna have to get under the car at the front left (right, which ever way you look at it). Under the car you have some plastic covers there should be a small one at the front removing that will help you look! Try this pdf from AEM for a little help as to where i mean (section Q and R)

Hope this helps!!