Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear View Camera On Tns700

rav4luc

Does anyone know if the rear camera installation as shown by JHRC will also work on the TNS700 (B9010)?

If not, any other solution??

Tks

Luc

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the rear camera installation as shown by JHRC will also work on the TNS700 (B9010)?

Tks

Luc

bump?

Doesn't look if any one knows.

What to do is practise reversing with pillows stuck onto the rear bumper????

rav4luc said:

Tks

Luc

Hi Luc, I've had a looked at the Toyota tech publication web site and there is no difference in the installation of the TNS600 & TNS700 both units look similar. My suggestion would be to remove rear door panel and check if you have a S7 socket if it is there I see no problems fitting A similar rear view camera.

To removing the rear door panel look at anchorman's Maintenance/improvements - 4.3, Fit 90 degree check strap.

To find S7 socket look at Maintenance/improvements - 4.3 Pt 1 & 2 Rear view camera installation, I would go for Darkside Installation for your RAV.

Cheers Jim.

JHRC said:
rav4luc said:

Tks

Luc

Hi Luc, I've had a looked at the Toyota tech publication web site and there is no difference in the installation of the TNS600 & TNS700 both units look similar. My suggestion would be to remove rear door panel and check if you have a S7 socket if it is there I see no problems fitting A similar rear view camera.

To removing the rear door panel look at anchorman's Maintenance/improvements - 4.3, Fit 90 degree check strap.

To find S7 socket look at Maintenance/improvements - 4.3 Pt 1 & 2 Rear view camera installation, I would go for Darkside Installation for your RAV.

Cheers Jim.

Thanks Jim, will do so, car is coming in abt. two weeks

Will let you know the outcome :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

Lets get the dust of this topic...

I´m still trying to get a camera connected on my 4.2

Have replaced my B9003 (TNS600) for a brand new B9010 (TNS700) and bought an video adapter.

Easy plug-and-play!! But on the B9010 i do not have a 10-pin connector that the adapter also uses.

Only connector i can use is a 12-pin that also is used for the CD Changer.

B9010-rear.jpg

For more pictures : http://www.ae101.nl/fullmap

JHRC, do you think i have any options left?

EDIT : Made list of all fullmap connectors and found out that the B9010 have no connections for video input... :(

Updated the fullmap info also, see pic HERE

EDIT : Made list of all fullmap connectors and found out that the B9010 have no connections for video input... :(

Yep, if you compare it with the back of the B9004 (upside down here compared with yours):

B9004.jpg

The 24way connector that is missing on yours (looks like tape over the hole?) is where the reversing camera connects.

Also no digital video connector (GVIF - Small blue connector).

Other than that, it looks very similar.

Yep, if you compare it with the back of the B9004 (upside down here compared with yours):

The 24way connector that is missing on yours (looks like tape over the hole?) is where the reversing camera connects.

Do you have more B9004 pics for me? Just to update the Fullmap page.

My B9010 unit will be replaced by a B9000 soon.

The B9004 is similar to B9008 as i can see. Thought the big connector is used for the bluetooth phone..

Have a converter for the fullmap from a company in Germany.

It is connected to the 12-pin CD changer input (changer can still be connected) and the 10-pin connection.

If it works, my fullmap can have 2 composite video (cinch) inputs and also audio input (cinch).

Looking at a B9000 or B9003 they have also the little 4-pin connector for a backup camera.

• 1 month later...

Hi shcm,

I have a B9005 unit in my Auris. Could you tell me a bit more about this GVIF video connector? What can you connect to this?

Thanks

Hi shcm,

I have a B9005 unit in my Auris. Could you tell me a bit more about this GVIF video connector? What can you connect to this?

Thanks

I can, but it will probably bore the pants off the regulars here.

It receives 24 bit video transmitted over a single twisted pair cable. The B9004 has a receiver chip in it developed by Sony - the "CXB1458R". Here's a picture of the one in my B9004. Not a very good picture, because you can't see the chip markings/code.

cxb1458.jpg

The video needs to be transmitted from the matching transmitter chip "CXB1457R".

This pages gives you a quick overview of the two chips working together - the transmitter encodes the video data and sync signals into a form that can be transmitted over the twisted pair and the receiver recovers the data for display.

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/applica...roduct/cxb.html

I understand that the Prius after about 2006, uses GVIF with these two chips, to display the video output from the separate Navigation unit, onto the multi function display.

http://www.techonline.com/product/underthehood/199501663

The connector is possibly make by JAE:

http://jae-connector.com/en/index.cfm

possibly with a part number MX30007NA1, but I haven't verified this yet. The Toyota connector part number is possibly 90980-12593 (blue) or 90980-12596, but again I haven't verified this.

This next bit is pure speculation. I'm wondering whether it can be used for connecting fairly recent Toyota/Lexus DVD changers. I've seen older changers on the web with composite video outputs but nothing yet with a GVIF connector like this. However, if you do a hex dump of some of the B9004 head unit software files on the navigation disk, it would seem that there may be a possibility of connecting a DVD changer, as there is a "DVD Changer" string in there.

I expect that if it can take a DVD changer, then this GVIF input probably has to be enabled via the AVC-LAN (12 pin connector).

It's my intention to have a go at seeing if I can enable this input via the AVC-LAN, as the head unit would be very useful for displaying other things, such as a car PC for example. PC video would need to go through a conversion process though, but I have ideas of how to do that.

There's probably a fair amount of "reverse engineering" and head scratching though, so it is more a question of finding enough spare time to do it. As you can see though, I have made a start and I do have some further more technical info I'm working with :rolleyes: .

Enough now? :D

AS A FELLOW GURU I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THAT SHCM SAYS, I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE PHRASED IT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BUT NONE THE LESS AN EXCELLENT ANSWER, AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MORE TECHNICAL INFO :thumbsup:

Yes I also concur with this thesis my learned friends.

Grasshopper.

When you can walk on rice paper you can reave.

I can teach you no more.

Grasshopper.

I can teach you no more.

Looked up Guru, it means revered teacher, yes thats me to a tee :lol: May have this as my new Avatar..

guru.gif

LOCAL GURU :yahoo:

Grasshopper.

I can teach you no more.

Looked up Guru, it means revered teacher, yes thats me to a tee :lol: May have this as my new Avatar..

guru.gif

Can I update that a little?

Grasshopper.

When you can rever usin cawera wiout hittin car behine, you may have riving license :chinese:

:P

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Brilliant indeed, schm!

We had a problem with our IBM computer system at work (and, believe me, we absolutely rely on it) and IBM called in.... not a Guru... but a "Distinguished Architect". At €1500 an hour, he was pretty distinguished!

I now want to be a "Distinguished Architect" (or at least be able to charge the same rate!)

Brilliant indeed, schm!

We had a problem with our IBM computer system at work (and, believe me, we absolutely rely on it) and IBM called in.... not a Guru... but a "Distinguished Architect". At €1500 an hour, he was pretty distinguished!

I now want to be a "Distinguished Architect" (or at least be able to charge the same rate!)

WOW £1000 an hour i could just do 2hrs a month, We once had to get a barristers opinion which resulted in a two line reply, basicaly what we had asked for was not a viable proposition, that cost us £1600, and these people get in my cab and query the 20p extras :unsure:

Grasshopper.

I can teach you no more.

guru.gif

Can I update that a little?

Grasshopper.

When you can rever usin cawera wiout hittin car behine, you may have riving license :chinese:

guru.gifWHY HAS THIS BEEN REMOVED DONT UNDERSTAND??

Hi shcm,

Thanks

I can, but it will probably bore the pants off the regulars here.

It receives 24 bit video transmitted over a single twisted pair cable. The B9004 has a receiver chip in it developed by Sony - the "CXB1458R". Here's a picture of the one in my B9004. Not a very good picture, because you can't see the chip markings/code.

The video needs to be transmitted from the matching transmitter chip "CXB1457R".

This pages gives you a quick overview of the two chips working together - the transmitter encodes the video data and sync signals into a form that can be transmitted over the twisted pair and the receiver recovers the data for display.

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/applica...roduct/cxb.html

I understand that the Prius after about 2006, uses GVIF with these two chips, to display the video output from the separate Navigation unit, onto the multi function display.

http://www.techonline.com/product/underthehood/199501663

The connector is possibly make by JAE:

http://jae-connector.com/en/index.cfm

possibly with a part number MX30007NA1, but I haven't verified this yet. The Toyota connector part number is possibly 90980-12593 (blue) or 90980-12596, but again I haven't verified this.

This next bit is pure speculation. I'm wondering whether it can be used for connecting fairly recent Toyota/Lexus DVD changers. I've seen older changers on the web with composite video outputs but nothing yet with a GVIF connector like this. However, if you do a hex dump of some of the B9004 head unit software files on the navigation disk, it would seem that there may be a possibility of connecting a DVD changer, as there is a "DVD Changer" string in there.

I expect that if it can take a DVD changer, then this GVIF input probably has to be enabled via the AVC-LAN (12 pin connector).

It's my intention to have a go at seeing if I can enable this input via the AVC-LAN, as the head unit would be very useful for displaying other things, such as a car PC for example. PC video would need to go through a conversion process though, but I have ideas of how to do that.

There's probably a fair amount of "reverse engineering" and head scratching though, so it is more a question of finding enough spare time to do it. As you can see though, I have made a start and I do have some further more technical info I'm working with :rolleyes: .

Enough now? :D

Hey shcm,

thanks a lot for this info. I am really looking forward to connecting a videosource (DVDchanger) to the head unit...

Please keep posting these interesting info...

• 8 months later...

Take a look at my thread in the audio/electrics forum reference fitting a camera to the B9010 head unit.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I know that it's an old topic but i just got my tns700 on my Auris without bluetooth, and as I'm interested to add an AUX/USB/input and in the same time add a rear view camera, i'd like to know if it was possible , and if somme of you have a picture of the back of this TNS700 or B9010. Cause as i think this manual is maybe not the good one...

and by the way if you have the pinout for the cd Changer...

thanks

• 6 years later...

hi  , i have a b9008 headunit  TNS700 ,  i am trying to connect a reverse camera to it, any help would be appreciated

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

i have got the 24 pin plug to connect the camera, but not sure what wires to connect

IMG_4887.JPG

• 4 months later...
On 29.4.2017 at 8:28 PM, invincible1 said:

hi  , i have a b9008 headunit  TNS700 ,  i am trying to connect a reverse camera to it, any help would be appreciated

Hello. Have you found a solution?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links