Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Cd Player

wings77

hello all,

i have just bought a corolla 2000 model, i would like to put a cd player into it as it only has a tape deck. Is it easy to fit an aftermarket cd player or do i have to get a toyota one?

cheers

paul :blink:

• 1 month later...

i thought it would be hard with my y-reg rolla, bt its really very easy...

everything either pulls out or u remove a screw or two... don't know if its exactly the same but i can help a bit if you need it :D

pm me if you need ne help

ive a 2001 e11 corolla and it has the standard toyota stereo and a tape deck. is it much of a job to change the radio?? the clock, outside temp, and trip data all appears on the same wee lcd screen... what options have i got?? anyone done any kind of conversion??

ive a 2001 e11 corolla and it has the standard toyota stereo and a tape deck. is it much of a job to change the radio?? the clock, outside temp, and trip data all appears on the same wee lcd screen... what options have i got?? anyone done any kind of conversion??

hi ciaran,

what i did was take out the compartment below the tape deck and put a cd player in there, instead of taking the tape deck out. it did not affect the clock, outside temp, and trip data but the volume can only be controled by the afermarket raido not on the dash. if u need any advice send us a email.

paul

• 8 months later...

hi ciaran,

what i did was take out the compartment below the tape deck and put a cd player in there, instead of taking the tape deck out. it did not affect the clock, outside temp, and trip data but the volume can only be controled by the afermarket raido not on the dash. if u need any advice send us a email.

paul

I looked at that solution but in the end just bought a CD autochanger off eBay, got lucky with a new one for £75 but that do come up quite often. that was a boot mounted one. The best solution, and the one that comes as standard on my 2001 1.6GLS, is the 6CD changer in the dashboard, which looks great and sounds fantastic, but they are harder to come by and cost £450 from a dealer!! Be patient on eBay and you'll get one soon enough. That way you can keep the rather good (in my opinion) top display for the stereo functions.