Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Steaming/misting Up All The Time

DirtySherrif

Hi all, only justed joined the group and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I have a 57 reg Aygo blue now for 3/4 months. Its a brilliant car however I'm having issues with regards to the car keeping steaming up. The heaters work fine however the car on the passenger side always seems to keep steaming up! It seems the only way to prevent this is by having the heaters on full blast and the aircon on. Now I'm sure this cant be right.

Is there anyone out there who could provide me with a bit of info in how to prevent this. (Please dont advise me to put the window down) Should this continue I'll have to take it back to the dealer.

Many thanks

Do you have the air recirculating or fresh air coming in?

Side the switch to the left? (i think) under the heater fan speed and see if this makes any difference.

I know it sounds daft but try sitting in the passenger side whilst running the car and see if the other side mists up.

My Dad hates it when I get in his car as im like a radiator and steam the thing up real quick.

Hi There.

The trouble is....

As the aircon works, the air is passed over a very cold thing.

Air cools down. condensation / ice forms on cold thing.

Windows demist....lovely.

Turn off aircon. Cold thing warms up. Water / ice turns to damp. Car steams up.

This continues and is annoying.

Suggestion.

Run Aircon on recirc. setting on a long journey.

All damp air in car turns to water / ice. on cold thingy.

10 minutes before you stop, turn off recirc. and aircon.

fan on fast and hot and windows open a bit,

you will smell the damp start and it will be forced outside the car.

A few sessions of this and you will gradually de-humidify your car.

Just remembered. The "cold thingy" is the "evaporator" part of the aircon.

It does take a few sessions.

Ian.

I have an Aygo blue SE & had the same problem when i first got it. USE THE HEATER TO GET RID OF ANY INITAL MISTING. Make sure the air is not re-circulating but coming in from outside (bottom ac slider). Mine was set to re-circulating & this was causing the problem. I have never used the A/C except to test it out.

You’ve got the dreaded ‘Aygo Leak’

Check your carpets, foot wells also in the boot that everything is dry. You may find that some areas are wet hence the steam ups. It’s a common problem with the Aygo :angry:

The condensation you get on the evaoprator "thingy" should drain from the car, not hang around. Usually on cars with air-con, in the summer, you will see a puddle under them if they've had air con operating.

If you have air con then just run for the first 5-10 minutes of the jouney, you should run it often anyway to prevent mould growing in the system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links