Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omp Strut Brace (front)

Surinder

Got it today, and went on easily. Took 30 minutes, off which i spent 10minutes at the end trying to get the black plastic clips back in again on the black plastic windscreen deflector thing.

1st opinons,

Good

road handling and steering response noticably better

roll at the front reduced a bit

easy installation

Looks good build/quality

Adjustable

Price £45 + vat + P&P demon tweeks (thanx to Jerry for pointing me in their direction)

Bad

Not as good as the TRD one i think, as that clamps down in the centre as well as the struts.

(but there is over £140 price differance)

Few more rattles and creaks as the front is now stiffer. nothing major

It's red :( was expecting yellow

cool ive still got the sparco one to fit to mine

an it is a bugger to do the windscreen stuff!

:thumbsup:

yeah you just take off the strut top nuts place it over the studs and then crank the nuts back down

:thumbsup:

1st opinons,

Good

road handling and steering response noticably better

roll at the front reduced a bit

easy installation

Looks good build/quality

Adjustable

Price £45 + vat + P&P demon tweeks (thanx to Jerry for pointing me in their direction)

Hi Surinder

No problem mate. Just glad to help mate :thumbsup: Hey have you got any pictures.

jerry!!

gotta disagree there jaxx, bling is silver&chrome! gold is ewwwwww

bling :eek::lol:

ok i stand dumb and corrcted :lol:

but gotta hand it down im in for the alternative bling of polished titanium :drool:

does this strut brace fit all sizes of engine yaris?

i have a 1.3 SR 2000??

do demon tweeks also stock the rear and lower strut braces and does anyone have any feed back on them?

Cheers

CB

does this strut brace fit all sizes of engine yaris?

i have a 1.3 SR 2000??

do demon tweeks also stock the rear and lower strut braces and does anyone have any feed back on them?

Cheers

CB

yup, it fits all the yari.

i havent found anyone who stocks the front lower and rear. still looking, as i would like to get the rear brace.

:D have ordered one thanx hope it goes on ok ?

if not i will call :arrgg-matey: :)

Just PM'd my mobi number in case you have problems. But all you need to do is

But all you need to do is,

1) Remove wipers, carefully tho as bolt/nut they use is doesnt seem that strong. (you may want to mark the wipers postion on the bolts with something to make it easier to reattach)

2) Take out all the black plastic screws holding in the plastic cover.

3) Carefully remove the cover, passenger side 1st. or you'll snap the clip like i did :)

4) Once in the wiper motor area, just lossen the two bolts on each side of the car holding the metal cover in place. (will make more sense when you see it).

5) Remove the bonnet switch located on the passenger side strut housing.

6) Remove the shock nuts, and slap on the brace. I was warned by OMP not to overtighten the brace, will bend the chassis if done too much. Just tighten it so that it doesnt move about.

7) Put the shock nuts back on again,

8) Put the bonnet switch back on again, and check it aligns ok. Put the bonnet down and try to lock the doors from the remote. If the car starts beeping like mad then either you have a door open, or the bonnet switch isnt right.

9) Put everything back on again.

All you need is a metric socket set, can't remmeber all the socket sizes. I think i used 8, 10 & 12mm, 17 or 19mm (to adjust the brace) and a large adjustable spanner (again for the brace itself).

I'll stick some up on the weekend.

still nursing a few wounds on the car, some wan :censor: :censor: :censor: hit the front of my car while pulling out of a car park space and drove off :ffs:

I'll stick some up on the weekend.

still nursing a few wounds on the car, some wan :censor: :censor: :censor: hit the front of my car while pulling out of a car park space and drove off :ffs:

hi surinder

Dam that crap mate. Hope there's not to much damage to the car mate. Hope the repairs dont mount up to much mate.

jerry!!

Repairs will set me back about £100, gonna keep it off insurance tho.

Word of warning about the brace, the car is very responsive now on the motorway (at 70mph of course :P ) there is hardly any delay from turning the steering wheel to the car responding :eek:

Word of warning about the brace, the car is very responsive now on the motorway (at 70mph of course  :P )  there is hardly any delay from turning the steering wheel to the car responding  :eek:

you may want to get the tracking checked, as adjustable braces can throw the geometry out.....

even slightly can have drastic affects to the way the car handels.

i was going to post this anyway before i got to the last post...showing that the car feels more skitty