Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Makes It So Great?

peterkwon87

what makes it so great? the corolla i mean. it looks nice and all but i dun't see the point of having to add MODs to it. i mean it's not like u can race it cuz they udn't allow family cars at a racetrack.?

Some of the rollas on this site are a 'bit' (understatement) more than just family cars!

They did used to rally them!

peter... maybe u should do a little research before posting stuff like this :wacko:

And just out of interest, are you 16? cos the 87 on the end of your name leads me to think it's your year of birth... so i'm guessing 1987 which could only make you 16... 17 at the very eldest... ?

But since you ask.. ok, here's some facts for you;

You happen to be in posession of the top of the line Corolla which was handed to you on a plate by your parents.

It's called the T-Sport, and what makes it so special is that it is an N/A engine that achieves 190bhp through a 1.8 litre lump.

Your T-sport has what is known as VVT-iL, which stands for Variable Valve Timing injection-Lift. This means you have a special cam which actually physically LIFTS up when you're engine approaches 6200rpm... it almost acts as a turbo and gives you a kick in the back as you begin to accelerate at a decent pace, the LIFT does not let off until 8000-8200rpm at the redline.

What this means is, that you, at 16/17 have been given a car that will accelerate from 0-60 in under 8 seconds. 7.2 - 7.4 to be precise. Also it will run a 1/4 mile in 15 seconds or less if you listen to some of the forum's other CTS owners (Nick Johnson) he'll tell you about his 1/4 in his CTS.

It has the braking capacity to equal in evo7 (it breaks from 70-0 in the same distance).

With a little work these things can look alot nicer than a Civic Type-R, and with some nice tyres and the -30mm TTE suspension it will take corners as quick as a Civic Type R.

People do take these cars out on the track m8, it's not a family car... the family car would be the avensis.

You have been given a car which in my opinion is far too fast for someone who knows so little about it (and seemingly cars in general?)... and i would not be suprised if you end up wrapping it around a tree/lamppost within a month... sorry.

And my 5 door liftback 'will' look fab when I'm done with it ;)

In my eyes anyhow! (not looking too bad now actually) in my eye's of course :unsure:

(By the way, i did not read you original post as being hostile if my reply seemed that way)

Put simply Peter the car will

do 0-60 in 7.4 seconds.

run a 15 sec 1/4 mile (equal to some subaru WRX's)

190bhp from 1.8 litres.

advanced technology (high cam lift).

great safety features.

and with a little work;

will look !Removed! lovely - TTE Bodykit

will be as quick around a track as Civic Type-R with TTE lowering springs -30

will look 'gangsta' with some nice 17inch wheels

all this equals;

sure fire pulling machine.

fair amount of respect.

a gorgeous and quite honestly fantastic performing car for your age.

Sam

Put simply Peter the car will

do 0-60 in 7.4 seconds.

run a 15 sec 1/4 mile (equal to some subaru WRX's)

190bhp from 1.8 litres.

advanced technology (high cam lift).

great safety features.

and with a little work;

will look !Removed! lovely - TTE Bodykit

will be as quick around a track as Civic Type-R with TTE lowering springs -30

will look 'gangsta' with some nice 17inch wheels

all this equals;

sure fire pulling machine.

fair amount of respect.

a gorgeous and quite honestly fantastic performing car for your age.

Sam

Just how much commision are you again?

LOL :P

Dont quote me on this but I seem to remember being told the the rolla is the car been in production the longest in car history...and over the years has been in many motorsport events. The most recent being the Ae111 wrc. If you check out the club gallery you will find a couple of pics of rollas like yours looking the dogs nuts and I think there is one on rally duty too. If you go out into the bad old world out there and drive a selection of cars from all price ranges im sure you will feel much more smug in your rolla on the open road next time :thumbsup:

I've driven a lot of cars. AND I LOVE MY ROLLA :wub:

Spot on comment FineCactus

Yep....

I used to work in the motor trade and must have driven hundreds of cars and I still prefer the Toyota.

Im on my 2nd Rolla and next up I want the Celica but will have to save some pennies!

I dont get nice new cars given to me :crybaby:

yea my parents thought about getting a civic or a celica so i only research up on that till the last min.

hey guys, we all love our cars and we know what we have (most people out there don't), so let's just hope they don't give this kid a new CTS........

It feels nice to work your ***** out to buy the things you like!!.....the sweet smell of a brand new top-of-the-line ROLLA!!!!

so fellas, lets enjoy this holidays !! :meet:

Plus you were born when corolla's all went fwd :P

Only joking lads :)

I like corollas, I think they look really nice the new ones, I have a really ancient one, and it's certainly no head turner... well, not unless the exhaust falls off..... again.

I mean it's not like u can race it cuz they udn't allow family cars at a racetrack.?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wont take my "family car" on a track then :lol::lol::lol:

thats top class :thumbsup: