Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions About The 3s-fe Engine

siomaiting

i have this 1995 carina E with a 3S-FE engine which conked out just last night.i tried to start it but it would not proceed.my mechanic checked the fuel pump and he said it is in working condition.he also tried replacing the ignition coil but it still would not start.he checked the ECU and did not find any burned out capacitor.can anyone tell me what else could be wrong with my car?thanks and i will really appreciate any input...

i have this 1995 carina E with a 3S-FE engine which conked out just last night.i tried to start it but it would not proceed.my mechanic checked the fuel pump and he said it is in working condition.he also tried replacing the ignition coil but it still would not start.he checked the ECU and did not find any burned out capacitor.can anyone tell me what else could be wrong with my car?thanks and i will really appreciate any input...

Did it conk out whilst driving or from start, if while driving, did the brakes and steering pack up and did the wheels lock?

i just replaced the timing belt a couple of months ago along with the water pump, although the mileage is just about 52000kms...my mechanic is claiming that the problem could be the igniter inside the distributor assy...but he also claimed he tried my distributor on to another car and it worked...you think he's guessing?

Hey..I'm kinda new so please be patient.I work at Toyota and we have had problems with the wiring to the map sensor at on the bulk head just in front of the pass wiper....the engine pulls the wiring tight...try that....let us know how it goes.