Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5sfe Pistons

Rowbotanator

Just wondering if i can get the 5SFE 2.2 pistons to fit my 3SGE celica 2.0 gt engine if i shelled out the cash to have it bored out to a 2.2L and if anyone knows how much of a diff would it actualy make, also are there any larger cc pistons that i could go to that with be compatable? thanks alot.

Hi Mate,

It's not just the Pistons that give the 5sfe 2.2 capacity, it's mainly the stroke of the crank. The pistons alone (87mm) and using the 3sge crank (86mm Stroke) would only yeald a capacity of 2044cc.

To get close to 2.2, you would need 87mm pistons and a stroke of 93mm, which would yeald 2211cc........ or 86.5mm pistons and 93mm stroke to get 2186cc.

So, to get 2.2, you'd need the 5sfe crank and conrods aswell (Unless you regrind the journals to correct size for the 3s-ge), Pistons and then a 5sfe flywheel or a moddified 3s-ge wheel.

You can get a 2.2 stroker kit (Not HKS) with the crank machined to take the 3s conrods from TB Developments. Which will get you 2186cc (86.5mm bore x 93mm stroke)

To be honest, the cost of the parts, work/labour would'nt be worth it. You'd get more bang for your buck and a lot more fun out of a Custom make ITB's (Individual Throttle Bodies) and a Programmable ECU like a link. and it'll work out cheaper than the 2.2 conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

do other 5sfe parts fit i found a light flywheel for a 5sfe from an american company findanza one but it like half the price from them but they dont show one for the 3sge, will the 5sfe fit? and how much are link ecu's